No announcement yet.

The Official Cotto vs Trout RBR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    I saw on Fox Deportes Trout vs Alvarez(Canelos brother) and I saw some big time flaws on Trout. He get's sloppy sometimes(He tried to throw uppercuts from way too far at times) and keeps his right hand low that means Cotto will not get manny opportunitys to hits the body but will have high succes hitting the jab up top, hook and straight right hand(Key punch right here). Cotto has to watch out for the upper and if he can take that away from Trout he should take him out before the final bell because I can see Cotto timing Trout's jab at will since you can see it from a mile away when he is going to throw it.

Cotto TKO Trout on the 10th Round.
    I really like that he went to Big Bear. I think we'll see a difference in the late rounds. Trout is not as technically sound as some make him out to be, he has flaws, ones that Cotto knows how to take advantage of. He needs to pop his jab from the first bell, take control of the tempo and have Trout hear everyone in the building root against him. Uppercut is always an issue with Miguel, but with how Trout fights, I don't know how much inside fighting will happen with Cotto leaning over like he loves to do. I'm starting to feel a Cotto stoppage as well, Trout has a bright future, but he's bitten off more than he can chew.

Cotto TKO Trout in the 9th round.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      I really like that he went to Big Bear. I think we'll see a difference in the late rounds. Trout is not as technically sound as some make him out to be, he has flaws, ones that Cotto knows how to take advantage of. He needs to pop his jab from the first bell, take control of the tempo and have Trout hear everyone in the building root against him. Uppercut is always an issue with Miguel, but with how Trout fights, I don't know how much inside fighting will happen with Cotto leaning over like he loves to do. I'm starting to feel a Cotto stoppage as well, Trout has a bright future, but he's bitten off more than he can chew.

Cotto TKO Trout in the 9th round.
      My only concern is Trout catching Cotto with an upper as Cotto traps him on the ropes but Trout doesn't seem like a huge puncher so that might not be a big concern.

Comment

Got points on Trout. If anyone wants it, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
          Got points on Trout. If anyone wants it, PM me.
          talk to me...

Comment

Austin "No Doubt" Trout is going to win a messy and tight points win....hopefully he won't get robbed of the victory by the judges

Comment

I haven't seen too much of Trout; maybe 1 or 2 fights. But I think Cotto takes this one and possibly by stoppage.

Comment

Going to go against the grain and say Trout by TKO.

Comment

Damn, Trout needs this win in the worse way. Trout is an affable and likeable dude but he is in way over his head. Cotto is going to outclass him in every facet. Easy work for Cotto! I envision a knockout with that vintage left hook!

Comment

Cotto by UD. 116-112

Comment

I'd imagine Cotto should outclass Trout but I wouldnt be surprised at all if Trout busts out into the scene with a massive win. I'm good with either fighter winning. But I'll go with Cotto by late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X