Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who have the better resume. Carl Froch or Vitali Klithscko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Froch, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot and doesn't know boxing tbh.

Vitali's 3 best career wins are over:
    1. Adamek, a blown up LHW, aka Chad Dawson's leftovers.
    2. Sanders who was terribly out of shape, nearly 40 years old and had tired to become a pro golfer
    3. Peter, a guy who got schooled by a brain damaged, obese blown up MW in Toney in their 1st fight, been dropped by guys like McCline, hurt by Maskaev etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Easily Froch, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot and doesn't know boxing tbh.

Vitali's 3 best career wins are over:
      1. Adamek, a blown up LHW, aka Chad Dawson's leftovers.
      2. Sanders who was terribly out of shape, nearly 40 years old and had tired to become a pro golfer
      3. Peter, a guy who got schooled by a brain damaged, obese blown up MW in Toney in their 1st fight, been dropped by guys like McCline, hurt by Maskaev etc.
      I just rewatched Sam Peter.

God damn was he over rated. I mean he was a decent fighter but he went life and death against Toney. who was a 5'9 out of shape former MW.

Good points made.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        I just rewatched Sam Peter.

God damn was he over rated. I mean he was a decent fighter but he went life and death against Toney. who was a 5'9 out of shape former MW.

Good points made.
        Toney quite clearly won the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Is it?

Can you really say that Arthur Abraham is a better win than Samuel Peter?
          Can you really say that shot Jermain Taylor is a better win than fatboy Arreloa?

I often wonder how guys like this get by in life? Surely with this type of reasoning they would have thought it smart to see what it feels like to step in front of a freight train.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Vitali has had a HW title in three decades. No one ever did that before.

Froch was outboxed by Ward and Kessler.

No one ever outboxed Vitali, although, like Froch, he lost twice.

Froch has a very good resume, but because of LONGEVITY I rate Vitali's resume as better than Froch's.
            Longevity is good, and important, but it never, ever replaces who you actually fight. Ray Leonard had a short, stilted career with relatively few fights compared to other top 10/20 ATGs, but its because of his names that he is without any doubt whatsoever up there with the best. It doesn't matter if someone had ten times the wins over twice as long a period, if they didn't fight Duran, Hagler, Hearns and Benitez they're not as good. Simple as that.

Longevity is important only when combined with other things like top fighters. It never beats having top fighters on your résumé alone though.

It's clearly Froch.

Comment

Froch has a very good resume, but because of LONGEVITY I rate Vitali's resume as better than Froch's.
              what does longevity have to do with resume? chris john was champ longer than sugar ray leonard. you must rate his resume as better right?

Comment

Another meaningless stat, Vitali has a title 13 years after his first, Foreman had one 21 years after his first and Ali had one 15 years after his first. Just because he was lucky to win his first at the end of a decade doesn't make it more impressive than what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

I often wonder how guys like this get by in life? Surely with this type of reasoning they would have thought it smart to see what it feels like to step in front of a freight train.

Too bad you don't post on esb or you will know the real meaning of all my threads.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

That being said... I must defend Vitali against morons like you.

Vitali came out of a 4 year lay off to fight Samuel Peter. Who is widely considered a B Rated Fighter.

Arthur Abraham is a B Rated fighter. Come on don't lie now, you want me to say Abraham is an A Rated fighter? We both know that's not true.

Froch also never had a 4 year lay off.

If you take things into context you can honestly make a case for Vitali's Peter win is >then Froch's Abraham Win.

Froch lost 5 of the first 10 rounds against Taylor. He was also put on his ass.

Vitali domianted Arreloa. Obviously Taylor is better than Arreloa, but Taylor was already knocked the **** out by Pavlik. (he actually lost to Pavlik twice)

168 is also not Taylor's natural weight division. Once again cases can be made.

Overall Froch is definitely better than Vitali, but to say that Froch's wins against Abraham and Taylor were VASTLY superior to Vitali's win over Peter and Arreloa is pushing it.

Froch got schooled by Ward, when he 'stepped up' Vitali was beaten half to death by the oldest fattest least motivated version of Lennox when he stepped up.

Froch lost to Kessler when he stepped up, Vitali quit against Chris Bryd when he stepped up.

Obviously Vitali's defeats were much more embarrassing because they were against an old shot ATG and a midget MW.

But still it's not like Froch dominated every time he stepped up in competition either.

Let's not blow Froch out of porportions here.

Comment

Its froch for me, a very solid resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X