Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson-McBride 250,000 PPV Buys!

Tyson-McBride 250,000 PPV Buys!
    By G. Leon
    Chris Smith finally gets paid for Mitchell fight!
    June 23, 2005 - ********** has been informed that the June 11 Mike Tyson-Kevin McBride Showtime PPV generated 250,000 PPV buys. In other Tyson-McBride news, ********** has also been informed that several of the boxers that fought on the undercard were paid with checks that Raging Promotions (Marty Wynn) stopped. Welterweight contender Chris Smith finally got paid for the Mitchell fight earlier today, hopefully the other fighters (Mitchell, Hussein, etc.) have been paid by now also. REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST! (7:50 PM ET)

That's incredible. Why retire when you can generate numbers like that? They should send Tyson on an 80's greatest hits parade, and line up guys like David Jaco, Sammy Scaff, Donnie Long and Michael Johnson (if they're still alive and at least able to walk).

I'm convinced people would pay to watch those fights.

Comment

Tyson would not sell 250,000 ppv's again... EVER. It's over for mike, he robbed 20,000 people in attendance and 250,000 ppv buyers of a proper ending to a fight because he didn't want to take his beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Action Blackson 187
        Tyson would not sell 250,000 ppv's again... EVER. It's over for mike, he robbed 20,000 people in attendance and 250,000 ppv buyers of a proper ending to a fight because he didn't want to take his beating.
        Tyson is a ***** and a deceiver. He made it clear that the oinly reson why he was there to get some money and he said that he didint have his heart in the sport for a long time, the smart people like me should have known not too throw away 40 or 50 bux on this stupid fight and Im glad I didint order this ****..

Comment

Hell Mike even admitted that, he wanted to give all of the fans money back. Williams vs Tyson pulled in 150k this one did better because he was fighting a white guy.

Comment

I'm shocked 250,000 actually bought that card.

If I didn't get to see it for free, no way in hell would I pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KNOX-BOXER
              I'm shocked 250,000 actually bought that card.

If I didn't get to see it for free, no way in hell would I pay for it.
              What up KNOX! Anyway, I got the PPV for free... so I wasn't as pissed as I would have been had I payed.

Comment

Oh, c'mon. You know all it would take would be a few early KO's against some 70 year old men and a couple quadriplegics to get the Tyson faithful frothing at the mouth again.

Comment

What up KNOX! Anyway, I got the PPV for free... so I wasn't as pissed as I would have been had I payed.
                  Whats goin on bro?

I completely understand what you're talking about.

BTW on a side note, I still laugh every time I think of Tyson asking the ref to help him up.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT
                    Oh, c'mon. You know all it would take would be a few early KO's against some 70 year old men and a couple quadriplegics to get the Tyson faithful frothing at the mouth again.
                    I totally agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X