Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rees: I'm Not DeMarco, Adrien Broner is Going Down!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw gavin rees fight once. i wasn't impressed. broner will have a big size advantage. he also has the better skills, punching power, stamina, pretty much every advantage possible. this will be an utter beatdown. abril and vasquez are the only lightweights that will test broner at 35. its a shallow division and broner is content fighting guys other than the only 2 serious challenges to him. i'd favor broner against abril but it would be a good test atleast. vasquez has him on experience not sure who would win but it would definitely be a legit fight. guess we r stuck watching another mismatch though.

Comment

Rees gets disqualified for excessively hitting below the belt.
      Nah, Gavin Rees cant reach that high

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        i saw gavin rees fight once. i wasn't impressed. broner will have a big size advantage. he also has the better skills, punching power, stamina, pretty much every advantage possible. this will be an utter beatdown. abril and vasquez are the only lightweights that will test broner at 35. its a shallow division and broner is content fighting guys other than the only 2 serious challenges to him. i'd favor broner against abril but it would be a good test atleast. vasquez has him on experience not sure who would win but it would definitely be a legit fight. guess we r stuck watching another mismatch though.
        This is about the 3rd or 4th reference to a massive size advantage iv seen for Broner over Rees.

They are the same height! Both 5,7" and Rees has actually won the WBA world title at light welter and has stopped people at that weight. Broner wont be bigger, or stronger.

Comment

with all due respect to Rees, Kotelnik was able to hurt him once he started really tattooing him, and Kotelnik has no pop.

he's a solid little Brit/Euro level campaigner, very tough in those leagues. in the big leagues, he's cannon fodder. Broner has technique and power to go with it, he's going to get Rees out within 4.

Comment

Rees is like 5'3" (not even joking)

HBO will purposely say he's like 5'8" though, just watch

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              with all due respect to Rees, Kotelnik was able to hurt him once he started really tattooing him, and Kotelnik has no pop.

he's a solid little Brit/Euro level campaigner, very tough in those leagues. in the big leagues, he's cannon fodder. Broner has technique and power to go with it, he's going to get Rees out within 4.
              Just look at Hatton though. He was strong at light welter but it didnt carry at welter.

Comment

They are the same height! Both 5,7"
                The "stats" are wrong then because is plain to see to the naked eye that Rees is alot shorter than that. You will see at the weigh in when he stands next to Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by rossle View Post
                  Just look at Hatton though. He was strong at light welter but it didnt carry at welter.
                  explain, friend.

maybe i'm misinterpreting your remark, but has Broner not already proven his strength at 135?

or are you referring to Rees' days as a 140 pound fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by rossle View Post
                    They are the same height! Both 5,7" and Rees has actually won the WBA world title at light welter and has stopped people at that weight. Broner wont be bigger, or stronger.
                    Rees is 5' 4" not 5' 7".

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                      explain, friend.

maybe i'm misinterpreting your remark, but has Broner not already proven his strength at 135?

or are you referring to Rees' days as a 140 pound fighter?
                      Of course im reffering to Rees!

I replied to your comment about him getting stopped by Kotelnik in his days as a light welter. Hes now at lightweight where he is stronger and quicker.

Comment

Working...
                      X