Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko's past 4 opponents: who's effort was the most courageous?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    He wanted to throw more, but Wlad was in his face with the jab at all times so he couldn't get off.

Difference is, Haye being the quicker boxer COULD have thrown more, but chose not to.
    Yeah and he was in his face with the jab because Wack is a statuesque bum who can't move his head or his feet. Its not because he's "brave". He's just terrible.

Comment

I voted for Wach.

But maybe it's Thompson considering he had already been KO'd by Wlad and had to know the same fate awaited him.

Comment

Courage means nothing when the fighter has no skill, no technique, no speed and no movement.

I can't bring myself to credit someone for standing in front of an opponent like a heavy bag and getting punched in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Courage means nothing when the fighter has no skill, no technique, no speed and no movement.

I can't bring myself to credit someone for standing in front of an opponent like a heavy bag and getting punched in the face.
          Wach has plenty of skill and technique. He just lacks speed and movement.

Wach was in with all the top amateur super heavyweights a few years ago and had a win over David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Wach has plenty of skill and technique. He just lacks speed and movement.

Wach was in with all the top amateur super heavyweights a few years ago and had a win over David Price.
            He also lacks skill and technique.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

I agree with you on this one.

Comment

Hayden Panetierre

Comment

Well I just saw the video where he tried to cheat.

He's a coward.

Comment

I think David Haye actually fought the best, however he didnt take many risks. Haye was using the right tactics, Wlad was fighting scared, didnt let his hands go. Haye landed a big shot in round 11 and Wlad was holding on for dear life.

Had Haye thrown that shot more so he would have caused many problems for Wlad on the flipside, it might of gave Wlad an opening.

Haye simply was "scared", he gave far to much respect to Wlad and Wlad did the same for Haye, they both were fighting scared, way too much respect for each others power

I dont give props to Wlad for that win, that fight was very even, only Wlad had the better reach.

Comment

Dan Rafael on Klitschko-Wach:

www.espn.com/boxing

Klitschko is, pound for pound, one of the best punchers in boxing and has one the best knockout percentages in heavyweight history. When he hits an opponent flush, especially with a clean right hand or a full-force combination, the man usually falls to the canvas. Wach was an incredible exception to the rule: He took massive punishment throughout the fight, yet amazingly made it to the final bell. If there is such thing as a moral victory in sports, this had to be one of them.

When it was over, the scores were academic because Klitschko, one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history, was the clear landslide winner, much to the delight of the 15,000 or so who jammed the 02 World Arena to witness Klitschko extend his historic championship reign. It was his 13th consecutive title defense -- third all-time behind only Joe Louis (25) and Larry Holmes (20) -- and he advanced to 20-2 in heavyweight title fights, which includes those bouts from his first title reign.

Klitschko's performance was all the more impressive considering he entered the ring with a heavy heart following the Oct. 25 death of his longtime trainer and close friend Emanuel Steward. It was Steward who was integral in helping Klitschko rebuild his career after losses to Corrie Sanders (2003) and Lamon Brewster (2004), and he gets a lot of the credit for what Klitschko, 36, of Ukraine, has accomplished over the past eight-plus years. Taking over for Steward in the corner was one of his disciples, aspiring heavyweight contender Johnathon Banks, who was 15 when he met Steward and was being groomed as one of his assistants. Steward believed Banks would become a quality trainer when his own fighting career was over. Banks, who trained Klitschko while also training for his own HBO fight against Seth Mitchell on Nov. 17, did a great job Saturday and appears to have a real future as a trainer.

When Wach, 32, a native of Poland who lives in North Bergen, N.J., landed a big right hand on top of Klitschko's head in the fifth round, it wobbled the champion. A few follow-up shots also had him out of sorts. But the round ended and Klitschko, with Banks' calming words, survived the tough spot and continued to dominate. His jab was hard and accurate as it split Wach's guard time and again, and he could barely miss with his right hand. Klitschko had a huge seventh round and an even bigger eighth round, during which he pounded Wach so brutally that referee Eddie Cotton was close to stepping in. Wach managed to weather the intense storm but was crushed over and over before the final bell finally sounded. For the fight, Klitschko landed 274 of 693 blows (40 percent) while Wach landed just 60 of 308 punches (19 percent).

There is nothing left for Klitschko to prove, so every time he fights it is simply to continue adding to his legacy as the best of his era. His next move is undetermined. He could finally face second-tier titleholder Alexander Povetkin, who has run from him for years but now seems willing to fight. Cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck has been calling out Klitschko. And there are also interesting potential fights with rising contenders such as Tyson Fury, David Price and Kubrat Pulev. Klitschko would be a heavy favorite against each of them, but at least they are fresh faces.

Comment

Working...
                      X