• Show
Clear All

Some of my favs.

A Song of Ice and Fire series
    48 Laws of Power
    The Alchemist
    Fahrenheit 451

Comment

I'm currently obsessed with Kurt Vonnegut. All his novels are fast reads that you could probably get through within a day. I would recommend Slaughterhouse-Five and Cat's cradle.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        I'm currently obsessed with Kurt Vonnegut. All his novels are fast reads that you could probably get through within a day. I would recommend Slaughterhouse-Five and Cat's cradle.
        ive read his, cat's cradle, Slaughterhouse-Five, mother night, sirens of titan.

siddharta and demian by herman hesse. both are easy to read.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          get to Breakfast of Champions.

Comment

Just bought World War Z and im going to check out Kurt Vonnegut to.

Anybody read any Harlan Coben?

Comment

Bad men by John Connolly

Comment

It helped me see life for what it really is and how God will always be there for us.

dead serious. no ****. just putting it out there.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Notes From Underground. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    recently been reading walter benjamin's illuminations. really interesting if you have any interest in lit crit or cultural studies. and i'm not usually into fantasy but i've been reading gene wolfe's book of the new sun series and they're great. a lot smarter than your average genre fic; certainly a good few levels above asoiaf, and i would even go so far as to rank them above lord of the rings.
                    Benjamin was a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by RayCharles View Post
                      Just started reading 'American Desperado' and loving it so far. Anybody read it?

If anybody is into true crime books the first I will recommend is..

Marching Powder.

About a smuggler who is caught and sent to jail in Bolivia but the prison is basically run by the inmates and they have to buy their own cells and find jobs to pay for food

Really good read.

Recommend some below....
                      El Narco is a good book. Some of it is biased, but a lot of it is reports from the drug war in Mexico. Watch El Sicario if ur into the drug wars. It's in Spanish but u can get English subtitles for it. Its an interview with a cartel hitman. He talks about cooking agents and rats alive. If ur into Mob books, Underboss is a good book. This is Sammy The Bull's story. If ur into worldwide problems A Problem From Hell is a good book on genocide. It's a harder read but still exposes the starvation of Cambodians by pol pot, the slaughter in Rwanda, and some other crazy **** that happens in the world. If ur into **** stars, Penny Flame's book I am Jennie is good. It's about her life journey from **** to rehab to life outside of ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X