Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark my words, December 3rd will be Kneeguel's LAST FIGHT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kneeguel's Papi View Post
    Margarito was way more effective against Pacquiao than Cotto was. MArg went balls to the wall with a broken eye socket and kept on coming. There is no way Cotto lands that many punches on Margs, and I think at 147 combined with the wear and tear on Cotto, Pac has more power.

Marg was on Pacquiao for 12 rounds, but Pac had the movement and stamina to stay away. Miguel wont.
    Of course he doesn't have Pacquiao's stamina, nobody does. But I don't think it's a tough fight as they're making it out to be.

Cotto was winning the first fight until they got to round 8 where Margarito closing in on the scorecards and withering Cotto.

Cotto has to tie up, and work the left hand. That's all.

He landed over 45% of his jabs on Mayorga and Mayorga, while defensively void, he's fairly awkward. Margarito has worse defense and is actually easier to hit. The reason why Margarito can afford to fight his style is because he has a monster chin and has an ENORMOUS pain threshold (how the HELL do you fight with a broken cheekbone from round 4 all the way to the twelfth?! Jesus Christ...).

Cotto ISN'T getting stopped. If anything, he makes it to the final bell in REALLY bad shape but he isn't going to give Margarito the pleasure of being stopped agian. I agree that, in the worst case scenario, Cotto's heart will be his downfall.

However, I can't see that happening. Cotto took a beating from Pacquiao and, I've posted this several times, WON the TENTH round on two of the judges' scorecards in the Pacquiao fight! This was when he was already long gone, on his bike, and fighting to survive. Margarito is not as fast as Pacquiao, nor quick on his feet as Pacquiao. If Cotto can get to the final bell against someone as relentless as Pacquiao who is faster and more technical than Margarito, I can't see how he can't do it against a slower, more damaged, Margarito.

I agree that Cotto won't take a knee again. He is not going to catch flak for that again, against Margarito (of all people), and especially in Madison Square Garden (his house).

I just see too many things in Cotto's favor. He's less battle-worn than Margarito, he has the skills to fix his mistakes, and in the worst case scenario...he'll be fighting in MSG to help nudge the scorecards in his favor in a close fight.

Anyone who criticizes me on my last point knows that I'm right, though. Cotto has the hometown advantage and that influences judges. The Garden is going to be ELECTRIC that night...it's going to be one HELL of a grudge match.

I...can't...wait...

BTW, my prediction thus far: Cotto boxes the first three rounds and wins them with Margarito having four or five moments between them. In the fourth, Margarito starts to swell a little and Cotto starts tagging that area with Margarito becoming more and more aggressive. By the seventh, we're seeing flashbacks of the first fight with Margarito visibly hurting Cotto downstairs. Cotto doesn't look as tired as in the first, but his punches are not as snapping as in the first. Margarito, bloodied up and swollen, begins to outmuscle Cotto by the ninth. Cotto is fighting back in spots and landing combinations that score but have no effect on a crimson-masked Margarito. In the eleventh, the referee calls the doctor to check Margarito and the doctor says that he can't continue.

The Garden goes crazy, NSB shuts down...and another debate will rage on. The scorecards will have Margarito trailing by two points. Boxing writers will question the stoppage as Margarito looks less worse than in his fight against Pacquiao and was coming on strong against Cotto in the eleventh before the referee called time.

A trilogy will be announced afterwards...

Comment

I am HTownTexan, and I approve this message.
      Don't listen to anything reecockyaluss says. He hates Mexicans and roots against them whenever possible.

He's rooting for Cotto because if you squint and pretend nothing matters anymore Cotto looks like Roy Jones.

Psych 101.

I think he approved of Floyd's sucker punch too. So that's all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
        Don't listen to anything reecockyaluss says. He hates Mexicans and roots against them whenever possible.

He's rooting for Cotto because if you squint and pretend nothing matters anymore Cotto looks like Roy Jones.

Psych 101.

I think he approved of Floyd's sucker punch too. So that's all you need to know.
        LOL... really... is that all he needs to know?

Comment

Dont hate H-town. Cotto is one of the best fighters of his generation. He's been getting a lot of flack lately from posters (myself included) because Arum has been protecting him to milk every cent he can since the Pacquiao loss, but that's how the game's played. He's had a great career, and it's a shame he never got the De La Hoya or Mayweather fights.

Saying that, Margarito has his number as well as a great new trainer. I'll be placing some cash on him come December if the odds are good. Margarito by KO. Again.
          Last edited by paulf; 09-22-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Psych 101.

Hahahahaha!!! Oh ****, I cant stop laughing.

My fiance is looking at me like I am an idiot right now.

Comment

It wasn't bad... however with everything he said.

YOU like Roy Jones.

Comment

Because Cotto is mulatto. Roy also looks mulatto.

Both are light skinded.

Both struggle when pressured. Both get hurt when backed up against the ropes.

Cotto takes knees, Roy just planks.

Both are masters of surrender.

Comment

Psych 101.

I didnt know reed hates mexicans.Reed u make me sick puto

Comment

How does it not have anything to do with the topic?

Miguel will fight valiantly, but after the 3 or 4th, Margarito will catch up to him and land big, heavy, hard shots. Cotto will not want to go down because of their last fight, and Cotto will continue to take a beating until his corner saves him.

I think it will result in some sort of permanent damage.
                    u forgot that margo wont have teh plaster

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      I didnt know reed hates mexicans.Reed u make me sick puto

What are you 14?

Comment

Working...
                      X