No announcement yet.

Jaw and right ear problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaw and right ear problem

I got hit by a hard right straight a couple of weeks ago that caught me right on the chin and really pushed my jaw (my mouth was slightly open) inwards. Straight away I felt a burning sensation in my right ear drum that lasted maybe 3 minutes or so.

Now whenever Im sparring and get tagged by a right hand to the chin my right ear gets the burning sensation again.

Plus if I move my jaw inwards the area near the right ear (I guess where the top of the jawbone is) feels strange and kind of unstable.

Anyone else had anything like this? Im thinking of going to the doctor to get it checked out but I wont be able to book an appointment for at least a week or 2.

I've never had that before, try that facesaver boxing headgear though, you might want to lay off sparring for a while as well

Comment

Yes, i was sparring without my mouth piece i felt exactly the same thing. i took like 3 weeks off from sparing, next time bring your mouth piece, or bite it hard every time you're sparring.. i did it cuase there's some de la hoya giving that advice its quite efective

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
        Yes, i was sparring without my mouth piece i felt exactly the same thing. i took like 3 weeks off from sparing, next time bring your mouth piece, or bite it hard every time you're sparring.. i did it cuase there's some de la hoya giving that advice its quite efective
        Actually the day it happened I had forgot my mouthpiece now that you mention it. I havent sparred for a week or so now and its starting to feel better and more stable.

ive also bought a new mouthguard that covers both the upper and lower set of teeth and is supposed to prevent 'jaw concussion' (sez that on the packaging)

Comment

Working...
        X