Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best examples of gamesmanship winning someone the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I guess cheap shots is whats "gamesmanship" means around here..

in thought it was ring generalship but from the responses, its illegal blows and cheap shots.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

pacquiao-ledwaba. that's some great ass sportsmanship.

also barrera-jmm

Comment

**gamesmanship

Comment

**gamesmanship

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post

in thought it was ring generalship but from the responses, its illegal blows and cheap shots.

judah-mayweather

Comment

Ward-Kessler? :|

Cintron vs Paul Williams...if..that counts.

Cintron vs Martinez. Cintron bitc hed his way into not getting a loss.

I think some people might consider Guerrero vs Berto there with some of the shots Guerrero was landing.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post

I always understood gamesmenship to be sporting play and gentlemanly conduct in a sport?

In this case in what situation has a lack of gamesmanship been contributing to a win/changed the course of a fight. Not ring generalship.

Comment

Holt vs Torres 2

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    Another one would probably have been Victor Ortiz headbutt on Floyd.

I mean who knew where that fight was going. Ortiz was pressing more but not really landing clean or hurting Floyd but it would have been interesting to see where it could have went.
                    I always said that. I still feel robbed from that fight today because that fight was getting VERY interesting. Floyd was landing CLEAN shots on Ortiz but Ortiz kept coming. Floyd would have probably continued to break Ortiz down, but I got the feeling that Ortiz could have caught Floyd. We all know Ortiz has hurt or knocked down damn near every guy he's fought so it would have been interesting to see that play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      I always understood gamesmenship to be sporting play and gentlemanly conduct in a sport?

In this case in what situation has a lack of gamesmanship been contributing to a win/changed the course of a fight. Not ring generalship.
                      thats being a professional and being sportsmanlike.

not gamesmanship.

at first glance i would think of it as IQ, skills and knowledge. like knowin the game itself.

mayweather-ortiz showed gamesmanship not sportsmanship.

thread shoulda been titled "Best examples of illegal and cheap blows winning someone the fight"

Comment

Working...
                      X