Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Chances Marquez Defeats Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75% chance JMM beats pac this time

5% chance the judges give it to him

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Marquez has already given his final great performance. I'll be shocked if he can muster that again.
      That is exactly how I feel. He had a career defining win stolen from him in the third fight. He needs a knockout to win (since he won't make Bob any money) and a more aggressive Marquez is open to get dropped (as we've seen). I have given Juan all three fights over Manny but no ko=no win.

Comment

marquez might not be able to knock down/out pacquiao, but i got a feeling this time around he's gonna be even bigger/stronger than the last fight...

as long as pacquiao brings his "A" game, he should be fine..if not, maybe lose and ask for a fifth fight which marquez will probably never do

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Why? It's not like it was a physically damaging fight. The more they fight, the more it'll benefit the smarter fighter. I expect JMM to clearly outbox Pac again, and I'm a Pac fan.
          Not about punishment from that fight but the accumulation of age, many other fights and the countless training camps. Prime Marquez doesn't get dropped by a Michael Katsidis. And even in that third fight he was fading in the championship rounds.

Comment

Not about punishment from that fight but the accumulation of age, many other fights and the countless training camps. Prime Marquez doesn't get dropped by a Michael Katsidis. And even in that third fight he was fading in the championship rounds.
            Prime JMM was a featherweight and Katsidis is a big puncher. I don't think he has declined any more than Pac has declined and his style doesn't require a lot of athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Prime JMM was a featherweight and Katsidis is a big puncher. I don't think he has declined any more than Pac has declined and his style doesn't require a lot of athleticism.
              His style involved a lot more footwork than it does today. And the idea that he hasn't declined more than Pacquiao well...I don't know. Katsidis being a big puncher is one thing. Katsidis regularly bouncing power shots off Marquez's dome is another.

Marquez is 40 and barely fights anymore. Furthermore, he looked like a declining fighter before he fought Manny--hell that's why he got the fight. But he turned back the clock like Morales did when he fought Pacquiao the first time. Asking him to do it again maybe a bit too much.

Comment

Dont think theyll rob Marquez again though stranger things have happened.

Comment

JMM has Pac's number. I remember for the third fight how people were disrespecting Marquez in that he was going to get KOed cause he was already too old and that he was going up in weight.

They forget how JMM has handled Pac in the past. This fight won't be any different from the ones before in that both guys are even with their individual talents coming into the fight.

It is going to be another close affair

Comment

I think Juan has a great chance,honestly i think he won the last 2 fights

Comment

well, manny and jmm have been exactly as busy as each other for the last 3 years, both faded late in big fights. they have about the same number of pro fights so they've been through similar numbers of camps...

basically, neither are in their prime. jmm is older, but lets stop acting like jmm is sooo far on the decline and manny hasn't shown any signs of slowing down

Comment

Working...
                      X