emotional trouble, Help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emotional trouble, Help?

Hey all, Im from Australia
    Info about me, Im 17, 182 cms tall, and weighing in at 70.6 kgs..
    I have been training for about 4 months now, and am close to my first fight, All day and every day I think about it, i walk around at work, and at my house swining my arms casually cause I feel like boxing is apart of my life now, Nothing makes me want to train more than boxing, not rugby league not gym only boxing.. now here is where It screws up..

some days I feel the best, I spar well, i train hard, and I feel confident..
    other days im the opposite and it pisses me off cause I dont know why, even when im sick i still train...
    is there any advice you can give for my confidence, (im a confident guy) but I just get these moments where I have highs and lows, Ive always been a depressed person, but if anyone here has some good responses ill appreciate it alot..

and what are your goals for boxing? I dont have a plan when i train

thanks heaps everyone

Originally posted by maxbodyboarder View Post
    I have been training for about 4 months now, and am close to my first fight, All day and every day I think about it, i walk around at work, and at my house swining my arms casually cause I feel like boxing is apart of my life now, Nothing makes me want to train more than boxing, not rugby league not gym only boxing.. now here is where It screws up..

other days im the opposite and it pisses me off cause I dont know why, even when im sick i still train...
    is there any advice you can give for my confidence, (im a confident guy) but I just get these moments where I have highs and lows, Ive always been a depressed person, but if anyone here has some good responses ill appreciate it alot..

thanks heaps everyone
    The ups and downs could be caused by alcohol or drugs, so if you smoke weed or drink it will really make the lows worse if you are the type susceptible to depression. If this is the case, ya gonna have to stop or nothing will improve. Also Try to maintain a regular diet, eat lots of bananas helps keep the mood up.
    Whenever you feel **** like that know it is temporary and will pass soon enough.
    Writing down your goals helps whether it is just general stuff or boxing related.
    If you seriously suffer heavy depression, like really f...d up for a long period then your going to have to see you doc who can prescibe anti-dep meds. But shouldnt need it if it isnt too bad.

Comment

Depression blows man, I hope it's not too bad and you're able to work through it.

I suffered with it for several years on and off, then one time when I was feeling a bit better I decided to try boxing. It's gave me something to look forward to and has so far kept me from falling back into it.

Comment

thanks guys, I dont smoke weed, or drink, and if i do drink its a rare occasion..
        My diet is great, Got a meal plan for a personal trainer from work..
        but yeah thanks for the insight!

Comment

thanks heaps everyone
          Why do you Box?

Comment

don't worry about it everybody has off day's. just don't let it get to you and try to put some work in

Comment

We are all human consequently we all have our weaknesses. In general terms one way to overcome weakness is to force a lot of discipline into your life. For example, put yourself on a schedule and stick to it. You should also force yourself to train at a higher intensity. If you ever find yourself with some free time, do something constructive which will challenge your mind. After you pick up a new set of habits you will find that your weaknesses will disappear and you will wonder why you ever had them. It won't be easy.

Comment

thanks heaps everyone
                Like many already mentioned. If you have regular ups and downs then it's okay, that **** happens to everyone but if you get severely depressed then you may have a bigger problem. Perhaps you're not getting enough sleep. Perhaps something is bothering you that isn't even related to boxing, if that's the case, you need to talk about it or take care about it in the best way possible.

Comment

Its called testosterone. It wants to be released. You need to release some. Your body is screaming at you to get some poontang pie. Go get some poontang pie, I guarantee everything will be alright aftwards.

Otherwise you just need to take a break from boxing every now and then. Go relax and hang out with friends. Or like I said, get some poontang pie.

Comment

Working...
                  X