Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you favor Hopkins in a 3rd fight against Dawson if they were to fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you favor Hopkins in a 3rd fight against Dawson if they were to fight next?

I ask this question because Chad is coming off a bad tko loss to Ward which psychologically may have left his confidence a little shaky. He is also changing trainers yet again. Hopkins meanwhile is coming off a big win over Cloud. But would these factors be enough to sway you to favor Bernard in a 3rd bout if they were to fight next?

Dawson. It's just a bad matchup at this stage in Hopkins career.

Another scenario is what if Dawson-Pascal does happen and Pascal wins? Should Hopkins go after Pascal again for the lineal title?

Hopkins also said he isn't ruling out fighting at 168.

Comment

B-Hop doesn't beat Dawson now or in his PRIME

B-Hop always struggled with the more Athletic fighters like Roy Jones in his Prime, Jermaine Taylor and Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
        B-Hop doesn't beat Dawson now or in his PRIME

B-Hop always struggled with the more Athletic fighters like Roy Jones in his Prime, Jermaine Taylor and Dawson
        Tbh I think the 41 year old Hopkins that beat Tarver beats Dawson.

Roy Jones is one of a kind. Taylor & Dawson both happened after the age of 40 keep that in mind when hopkins did slow down a bit. Hopkins obviously has great wins post 40, but he hasn't been prime in a long long time.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 03-10-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          I ask this question because Chad is coming off a bad tko loss to Ward which psychologically may have left his confidence a little shaky. He is also changing trainers yet again. Hopkins meanwhile is coming off a big win over Cloud. But would these factors be enough to sway you to favor Bernard in a 3rd bout if they were to fight next?
          no I think chad takes him again

Comment

Unless he's going to wait for guys like Froch and Kessler then I'm not sure if there's much left for him to do. Rematches with Pascal and Dawson probably end the same way they did the first time, him and Ward apparently don't want to fight each other and guys like Cleverley and Shumenov haven't proven to be on Cloud and Pascal's level so I'd be surprised if was motivated to face them.

It's a shame that Glen Johnson got old these past 2 years because I thought that would've been a nice farewell fight for both.

Comment

I agree with this completely.

Comment

Bad style match up.

Comment

Working...
                X