No announcement yet.

Whats with degrees and ****yness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Whats with degrees and ****yness

I've got two degrees and a bucketload of certificates in a bunch of different fields, does that entitle me to start coming up with a bunch of random stupid theories like flying rocks and apes giving birth to humans. Cant an insane person also get a degree? Does a degree mean intelligence or does a degree mean in my opinion a decent level of responsibility, any gronk who drinks up every night can get a degree long as he gives atleast 1-2hours of solid study everyday after class. Guys like Charles Darwin and Richard Dawkins should not be taken seriously as they were clearly nutjobs

I've read many times and have heard it been said a bunch of times, that a degree shows employers that you can start something and finish it. This is why it's a common case that some one who majored in a certain field, may end up with another profession from another job that the only requirement is "any 4 year degree".

Also degree credits can be used as experience, especially for government jobs. Like let's say the IRS for example, 30 undergraduate credits for an accountant major is equivalent to 1 year of full-time experience.

Comment

Or you can look at the unbelievable amounts of evidence for evolution and come to the conclusion that it's true yourself. First though you'd have to get rid of this ridiculous notion of apes giving birth to humans.

If it's so wrong and you're so adamant, why didn't you ever actually STUDY evolutionary biology and make a valid argument as to why it's wrong. Maybe because you're not clever enough? I don't know.

Comment

I have 2 degrees and feel I wasted my time. I am still looking for my third mind you. Beats the hell outta work.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          I have 2 degrees and feel I wasted my time. I am still looking for my third mind you. Beats the hell outta work.
          He doesn't really want to discuss degrees by the way.

But yeah what Kev said is true. I want to get a degree in Physics and in the little blurb bit it tells you that most people who get a Physics degree work for computer companies/software engineering, normal engineering etc. Any work that values logical thinking and problem solving skills through the use of mathematics. Most of which aren't at all related to Physics.

Comment

Deffo, degrees are all about transferable skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              He doesn't really want to discuss degrees by the way.

But yeah what Kev said is true. I want to get a degree in Physics and in the little blurb bit it tells you that most people who get a Physics degree work for computer companies/software engineering, normal engineering etc. Any work that values logical thinking and problem solving skills through the use of mathematics. Most of which aren't at all related to Physics.
              If you get a degree in Physics, you can be a boss some where. You can work for NASA, your options are endless. I'm too dumb and lazy to major in Physics. That's hard work and lots of studying, but i'm sure it's easy for you since you seem to be good at math.

I honestly will be happy with a business degree, accounting is my major right now but I also would like to study economics and finance in the criminal justice field. Fraud, forensic financial analysis, white collar crimes. There's only one school that offers such a degree in NY, I wish more 4 year schools offered forensic accounting/economic/financial fraud based degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                If you get a degree in Physics, you can be a boss some where. You can work for NASA, your options are endless. I'm too dumb and lazy to major in Physics. That's hard work and lots of studying, but i'm sure it's easy for you since you seem to be good at math.

I honestly will be happy with a business degree, accounting is my major right now but I also would like to study economics and finance in the criminal justice field. Fraud, forensic financial analysis, white collar crimes. There's only one school that offers such a degree in NY, I wish more 4 year schools offered forensic accounting/economic/financial fraud based degrees.
                It's not so much that I'm good at anything, just really interested and enthusiastic about science and math so it's not a chore for me. This usually translates into good exam results.

Comment

Working...
                X