No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Faces Martin Murray on 4/27 in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    What the hell? They started clapping when Martinez simply said the opponent was English (before mentiong the name of Murray). Does Argentina really hate them that much?

http://www.diariopopular.com.ar/nota...ncia-maravilla
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

the UK spanked Aregentina in a war over the falkland islands back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      yeah but that's like heading a card on Telemundo, it doesn't say much. Bryant Jenning is healine a card on NBC Sports

Rosado's last fight was against 38 year old Charles Whitaker 38-13-2. Soto Karass is a punching bag and Powell was on a 2 fight losing streak and the other guys before that were total bums.

I can't say Guerrero's been much better but I can say Guerrero is an actual middleweight.

I could understand if Rosado was a top guy at 154 but he isn't. so if GGG wants to look good against somebody why not against a middleweight who's calling him out??

so GGG gets a pass for fighting guy from a lower weight because nobody wants to fight him? that's BS and nobody else would get a pass on that.
      Wasn't Carlos Molina calling him out too? And according to this article Pirog has recovered from his injury and he and his management want GGG as well...
      http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/

Comment

lol it should be GGG vs Murray, he' the interim champ, why in the hell will fight martinez? martinez should share the food to GGG. Quillin? forget him, he's a bum protected by haymonster, GGG, martinez, and even Pirog will destroy this chocolate

Comment

yeah but that's like heading a card on Telemundo, it doesn't say much. Bryant Jenning is healine a card on NBC Sports

Rosado's last fight was against 38 year old Charles Whitaker 38-13-2. Soto Karass is a punching bag and Powell was on a 2 fight losing streak and the other guys before that were total bums.

I can't say Guerrero's been much better but I can say Guerrero is an actual middleweight.

I could understand if Rosado was a top guy at 154 but he isn't. so if GGG wants to look good against somebody why not against a middleweight who's calling him out??

so GGG gets a pass for fighting guy from a lower weight because nobody wants to fight him? that's BS and nobody else would get a pass on that.
          No NBC sports is not like Telemundo LMAO.

Whittaker was highly ranked by the IBF, it was an eliminator. Soto Karass is a punching bag but he pushed Maidana to the brink lol and Powell was on a 2 fight losing streak but Guerrero's last 5 opponents (including Brewer) had double digit losses.

Rosado is a top contender at 154 who's on the verge of a title shot, he worked his way back up since his loss to Angulo. Guerrero didn't do **** besides fighting tomato cans on undercards. You mean to tell me he deserves a HBO main event payday just because he happens to be a middleweight? Nah **** that.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            Wasn't Carlos Molina calling him out too? And according to this article Pirog has recovered from his injury and he and his management want GGG as well...
            http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/
            that'd be a good fight. plenty of guys want to fight Golovkin but he's doing exactly what the top guys in the divison are doing to him. GGG needs to fight the guys nobody wants to fight in order to gain a name for himself.

maybe Rosado is a tune up for Pirog?? I'd just rather see him fight a middleweight or a better junior middleweight like Carlos Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              No NBC sports is not like Telemundo LMAO.

Whittaker was highly ranked by the IBF, it was an eliminator. Soto Karass is a punching bag but he pushed Maidana to the brink lol and Powell was on a 2 fight losing streak but Guerrero's last 5 opponents (including Brewer) had double digit losses.

Rosado is a top contender at 154 who's on the verge of a title shot, he worked his way back up since his loss to Angulo. Guerrero didn't do **** besides fighting tomato cans on undercards. You mean to tell me he deserves a HBO main event payday just because he happens to be a middleweight? Nah **** that.

more people watch Telemundo than NBC Sports, you can bet on that. I wouldn't call Rosado a top contender at 154 he's barely in the top 10, top 15 at best.

all I'm saying is if you're going to have a look good fight why fight a guy from 154 when an equally qualified guy is at 160. you may not think Guerrero is as deserving as Rosado but they are pretty equal in the public eye. Rosado is Puerto Rican so they might be able to sell a few more tickets but really that's about it.

Comment

more people watch Telemundo than NBC Sports, you can bet on that. I wouldn't call Rosado a top contender at 154 he's barely in the top 10, top 15 at best.

all I'm saying is if you're going to have a look good fight why fight a guy from 154 when an equally qualified guy is at 160. you may not think Guerrero is as deserving as Rosado but they are pretty equal in the public eye. Rosado is Puerto Rican so they might be able to sell a few more tickets but really that's about it.
                I remember reading the the NBC Sports shows have gotten 400-500k ratings. That's pretty decent. Not that different from ESPN FNF ratings. Plus Kathy Duva is a great promoter. She knows how to get butts in seats, which is what Golovkin needs. You say "that's all about it" to selling more tickets, but that's a pretty huge difference itself. If there's a boxing fight at the Garden, I'd want a Puerto Rican to be headlining, not a Domincan.

edit: I might be wrong about the ratings. Just a vague memory. Can't find the numbers.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-30-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I remember reading the the NBC Sports shows have gotten 400-500k ratings. That's pretty decent. Not that different from ESPN FNF ratings. Plus Kathy Duva is a great promoter. She knows how to get butts in seats, which is what Golovkin needs. You say "that's all about it" to selling more tickets, but that's a pretty huge difference itself. If there's a boxing fight at the Garden, I'd want a Puerto Rican to be headlining, not a Domincan.

edit: I might be wrong about the ratings. Just a vague memory. Can't find the numbers.

that's a great point. Duva would get the most out of Rosado by having him at the garden against GGG but Haymon, via his B. itch boy Kerry Davis at HBO always seem to get top dollar. Berto couldn't sell out a middle school theater but Haymon gets him millions. if Rosado is really a tune up for Pirog why not. I don't like it but a PR in NY will always sell.

and maybe it's just me but it seems like Golden Boy and Haymon aren't really doing much business with the other promoters in boxing or maybe it's the other way around. I'm probably wrong about that but it seems like since Golden Boy basically took over Showtime boxing, it seems like them against every other promoter. Berto dumped DiBella to fight Guerrero.

as for the ratings you're right but only for the Olympics after that it basically bottomed out.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...costas-tonight

Telemundo has great ratings but mostly because of the Pablo Escobar telenovella

Comment

I'm fine with this fight. I wish it would be Serg/Floyd next though instead of Serg/Chavez II though.

Comment

Working...
                    X