Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klitschko's retiring anytime soon would be DREADFUL for heavyweight boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm dreading the day that both are gone, and hoping that someone, anyone can prove themselves worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Don't be a damn idiot. Solis couldn't even mop the floor with clubfighters he has fought, including the last one. He struggled with Austin, got KO'd by Vitali, HE AINT IT! He doesn't even have Arreola's mentality of trying to get in shape. Nothing more than a fat pretender.
      Have another look at the fighters in the poll.

Then come back and tell me which ones beat Solis.

I grant that there are perhaps 1, maybe even 2 who have a shot. But, I wouldn't even necessarily bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky
        He blew out his knee after he was hurt badly and his legs turned into noodles. Your story is funny though.

Pulev, Price, Glazkov, Szpilka, Helenius, Abdusalamov, Arreola via Mexi**** affirmative action are all likely belt holders after K2 retire.
        Fucking Klitschko fans.

Let it be known, I like Vitali and I respect both brothers.

But wipe the jizz out of your eyes, for the good of all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

At the end of the day the Klitschko's break down and KO pretty much everyone they face, so they are not using negative tactics to win like some "boring" fighters do
          Have you not seen Wladamir fight?

Comment

It would be better. We would have a bunch of fat asses in more even fights, knocking eachother out in 2-6 rounds every fight, and no more towering Klitschko's. Every one would be closer to the same height, same styles.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Yeah if they retired without at least one of these guys giving them a run for their money it would hurt the lineage aspect of the HW title. I know Vitali didn't beat Lewis but damn at least we know he could get down with him.

How pathetic would the rest of the lot look if nobody is able to touch these guys even as they advance into their mid-late 30s, early 40s
              The passing torch thing is over blown. Boxing history tends to snip out the parts they don't like so it looks like there's a lineage when in fact they just piece together the parts that suit them. Also, the great way to hype a new champ is by having him clobber one of the older guys in the name of "succession." Nobody wants to talk about the Gerry Coatze's of the world. That's boxing history in a nut shell, just skip the ones you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                It would be better. We would have a bunch of fat asses in more even fights, knocking eachother out in 2-6 rounds every fight, and no more towering Klitschko's. Every one would be closer to the same height, same styles.
                You should look up the top prospects lists. They're not a bunch of fat asses anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I don't think it has much to do with size, the skill level of these HW's has just dropped drastically. Aside from the Wlad, Vitali, and Haye, who has superior boxing skill at HW like fighters of other HW eras???
                  If you actually go look over the other eras there are plenty of stylistically limited boxers at the top even during the 1960-80s golden age of HW boxing. Just look at Ernie Shavers, started in his 20s. His idea of boxing skill was to throw his right hand like mallet yet he survived at the top even in those days.

Comment

The HW division will heat up a lot once they retire, I can almost guarantee you the majority of cruisers will all move up for the HW crown with no clear successor, guys will actually be in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                      You should look up the top prospects lists. They're not a bunch of fat asses anymore.

Agreed.

In the past 10 years the "contenders" have been fat guys like solis, Arreola, chambers and Johnson.

They all failed miserably, but now we have some prospects coming through who are athletes

Comment

Working...
                      X