Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward to Mikkel Kessler: I thought we had unfinished business?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people here actually understand the business aspect of boxing? Why would Ward fight Bute right now when he can make more money down the line? It's a super fight but it wouldn't make that much money today so Ward is waiting for Bute to raise his profile even more by beating Froch, meanwhile he'll get easy money in a Kessler rematch and THEN the big fight can happen for all the marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
      wards becoming a joke
      I'm confused how is he becoming a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        WTF Ward fight Dirrell already. Resting on his laurels....
        Dirrell?

Comment

Im trying to remember if everyone was so butthurt when Bute v Kessler was on the table......?

I think its a good fight coming out of the tourny and recovering from a hand injury. He gets a chance to silence all the people who said he used dirty tactics to beat Kessler the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            How many people here actually understand the business aspect of boxing? Why would Ward fight Bute right now when he can make more money down the line? It's a super fight but it wouldn't make that much money today so Ward is waiting for Bute to raise his profile even more by beating Froch, meanwhile he'll get easy money in a Kessler rematch and THEN the big fight can happen for all the marbles.
            Who do you work for top rank?

This fight has been brewing for 2 years and the only other challenge at 168 for either guy is Dirrell who is on the comeback trail.

There is no reason this fight shouldn't be taking place ASAP before its too late. Bute isn't getting any younger.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Dirrell?
              Yeah they ducked eachother during the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Yeah they ducked eachother during the tourney.
                Dirrell opted out. What has he done since his brain miraculously recovered? Grown a heart?

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                  Who do you work for top rank?

This fight has been brewing for 2 years and the only other challenge at 168 for either guy is Dirrell who is on the comeback trail.

There is no reason this fight shouldn't be taking place ASAP before its too late. Bute isn't getting any younger.
                  No but I understand business decisions. As a fan I'm just like you, I want the best fights right now but boxing doesn't work like that. The goal is to maximize the profit, not to give the fans what they want.

Comment

cant be 100% certain but i'm lead to believe that this is ward's hand post fight

i could not for the life of me find a picture of the X ray, but i do remember seeing one, two serious breaks on his left hand.

he's got no reason to fight bute at this stage. take a soft touch in oakland.

kessler is a horrid fight at this stage in my eyes. ward has nothing to prove against kessler. kessler is still dangerous at some level, and durable enough to keep ward from looking spectacular. it's just a horrible fight. you want to get a guy like andre ward in there with a fighter that's going to do good for his career at this stage

kessler can do no good.

i cant believe that people are calling for this fight

ward needs to sign with a better promotor
                    lets be real. golden boy or preferably top rank. they have the money and the power with the networks. ward has the talent
                    get it done. nobody is going to beat this kid for a long time

Comment

I don't think Ward cares to fight him again (he would if the opportunity arose, because he would beat even more convincingly now). I think he's just trying to expose Kessler's frankly silly attempts at persuading the public he wanted to re-match Ward.

At least Froch was honest enough to admit that a Ward fight is not one he would actively pursue for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X