No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Anselmo Moreno: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
    moreno's last five fights were unimpressive and boring...the same with mares...i don't like either but moreno will frustrate mares in a 12-round boring fight...

i wanted mares to win because a fight with donaire is explosive if donaire fights a mexican but moreno will not trade punches with mares and likely to ran away with a boring 12-round ud...

Are you serious? "mares' last 5 fights were unimpressive, and boring"?
    Agbeko 1 and 2 were both hugely entertaining fights to watch. Same with Darchinyan. Mares is the type of guy who has a style both purists, and the casual "action only" fan will be drawn too. He is a true combination puncher, and you can tell he's a product of Nacho the way he transitions his combinations, and utilizes head movement while firing away.

Moreno's fight against Darchinyan was a boxing masterpiece. If you're a purist boxing fan, you should have loved the display he put on against Darchinyan. . .

Comment

and nobody is simply going to outbox Mares like that. . . Mares will always let the hands go, and Moreno won't be able to inhibit his output enough, nor deter him, from doing enough to take this fight.

Expect some good moments of two-way action, and exchanges. . . Mares takes a close, and maybe even slightly controversial 12 rounder.

Comment

Moreno's jab/reach/speed/body-work are his keys to victory. I just don't see Mares out-boxing Moreno in the middle of the ring, and I think he has the footwork to keep it there for the majority of the fight. Mares will need to pressure relentlessly and get Moreno on the ropes.

Comment

A Moreno W..... U can book it

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
            mares will end moreno's career
            I got Moreno 116-112.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              do you even watch this sport? If you did you would see that Moreno has boxing talent Mares can only dream of. Moreno 118-110 in an easier than expected fight
              Great Prediction Bob....Bob-voso!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                and nobody is simply going to outbox Mares like that. . . Mares will always let the hands go, and Moreno won't be able to inhibit his output enough, nor deter him, from doing enough to take this fight.

Expect some good moments of two-way action, and exchanges. . . Mares takes a close, and maybe even slightly controversial 12 rounder.
                Great break down of what eventually did happen!

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Moreno's jab/reach/speed/body-work are his keys to victory. I just don't see Mares out-boxing Moreno in the middle of the ring, and I think he has the footwork to keep it there for the majority of the fight. Mares will need to pressure relentlessly and get Moreno on the ropes.

Also good post and predicting more or less what Mares had to do to win!

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                  Also good post and predicting more or less what Mares had to do to win!
                  Mares did a great job by taking away Moreno's legs away. I didn't think Mares had that kind of endurance/stamina. The fight was contested at a frantic pace and the conditioning of both fighters was crazy. Moreno just didn't have enough pop to get respect. He landed some hard accurate shots, but Mares never allowed him to establish a rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Mares did a great job by taking away Moreno's legs away. I didn't think Mares had that kind of endurance/stamina. The fight was contested at a frantic pace and the conditioning of both fighters was crazy. Moreno just didn't have enough pop to get respect. He landed some hard accurate shots, but Mares never allowed him to establish a rhythm.
                    Yea I thought it was funny watching Mares play possum and letting Moreno unload; not being enough to hurt or stun him!

Comment

Working...
                    X