Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Katsidis get no love in Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a) the popularity of boxing in Australia is extremely low (slowly but surely withering away as a result of poor marketing, growth of mma, price hikes, limited access to actual boxing fights for the general public)

b) limited exposure for Katsidis on sports shows, free TV, cable; haven't seen any of his fights replayed on cable TV or free TV

c) Katsidis has lost his title fights, stunting his ability to become a star exponentially

The Burns' fight should be a cracker, lucky you've got tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
      It just makes me sick to see the support people like Danny Green get and a true warrior like Katsidis fights in a small empty venue.

Katsidis should sign with a British promoter like Frank Warren. He would sell out arenas over here. He is very well liked over here, he is known as the guy that beats our hype jobs senseless lol.
      Couldn't agree more, Danny Green has bummed his name off Mundine, that is how he got his name in boxing, the only guy that could Beat Mundine in Australia, they played on this for 5 years, so that is how Green got a name in Australia.

Comment

I have seen Micahel fight live once, on the Kessler vs. Mundine card. That is the only Mundine card I have been to.

Michael's last fight in Australia was promoted very badly I have to say, No TV deal.

I think his management aren't helping.

Comment

Working...
        X