Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Dirrell seriously think he's gonna be the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he wins the tournament he would be the best SMW of all time wouldnt he? He would have a better resume at 168 than any other fighter I can think of.

Comment

Is he talking about best super middle weight? If he came out of this tournament undefeated, then he might be the best of all time. Better than Calzaghe. It's unlikely Dirrell will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
        If he wins the tournament he would be the best SMW of all time wouldnt he? He would have a better resume at 168 than any other fighter I can think of.
        yeah if Dirrell or any other of the americans would win the whole tournament then offcourse they are the best ever at that weight. But what if one of the europeans wins? for exampel what if kessler wins the whole thing, will he be regarded as the best ever at 168? He would not according to the americans i bet, Americans will not give respect to the winner if the winner is european. so yeah if Dirrell wins he is the best super middleweight of all time and if Kessler or any other euro wins he is just still an over-rated euro-bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          Its worth pointing out that Pascal was not hurt by Froch but he was hurt by Omar Pittman and Diaconu.
          Thank You, someone that actually puts things into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by arargh View Post
            yeah if Dirrell or any other of the americans would win the whole tournament then offcourse they are the best ever at that weight. But what if one of the europeans wins? for exampel what if kessler wins the whole thing, will he be regarded as the best ever at 168? He would not according to the americans i bet, Americans will not give respect to the winner if the winner is european. so yeah if Dirrell wins he is the best super middleweight of all time and if Kessler or any other euro wins he is just still an over-rated euro-bum.
            That makes a lot of sense except for the fact the greatest SMW is a non-American.

Comment

Originally posted by arargh View Post
              Lol, this is just funny. Especially considering there is a thread right now where everyone pretty much agrees that Kessler winning this tournament would make him the best super middle ever, with the only disagreement coming from people who think Calzaghe would still be the best.

Does it get tiring to be so blatantly annoying and anti-something for no reason? I don't know why I just typed that question, you'll turn it into me hating Europe for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
                haha you all will be suprised when he knocks froch around the ring like a ragdoll..hes going to make froch look like a fool
                ill be rooting my ass off for dirrel in that fight, he's deffinatly got the tools to beat froch.

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                Dirrell is faster than Taylor and Pascal, Froch will barely land a glove on him
                the way dirrell has to fight to win, is keep his distance, get of first, and keep a slowish pace,

he cant afford to get into a war with froch, but he can deffinatly outbox him.

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                Technically Dirrell is faster and and has a better punch variety than Pascal and Taylor but its how he copes with the pressure late in the fight.

Froch will be outspeeded early and its then upto Dirrell to maintain because Froch will get stronger as the fight wears on and Dirrel will more than likely get more tired.

Id pick Dirrell against Froch because the hand speed disparity is ridiculous and on the Taylor showing i dont think Froch is as hard a puncher at World level that he was at domestic.

Either Froch's experience wins out over a longer fight, or Dirrell comes of age.

Its worth pointing out that Pascal was not hurt by Froch but he was hurt by Omar Pittman and Diaconu.
                yea, froch's power is kinda overrated

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
                yep, pretty much

Comment

Working...
                X