No announcement yet.

My James "Lights Out" Toney Highlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My James "Lights Out" Toney Highlight

Fresh off the block, this one was requested by Ugh!

Comment, "like", subscribe, send hate mail : Whatever.

Toney was a hell of a fighter but damn that video really makes you think what if he actually had the discipline to stay in shape. He had all the tools and still did very good but what could he have been.

Awesome highlight though.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

nice video. that fight at cruiser where james has the zebra trunks (i think it was against adolpho washington??)...never seen such beautiful defense followed by counterpunching. the barkley fight is up there too. and yes, i know washington (or whoever) is not elite but it was still great craft from toney.

the lebedev fight was really hard for me to watch/enjoy because i thought an in-shape toney would have taken him to school. im a faithful but realize the sad truth that the lights are probably staying on for the duration of his career as far as legit opponents are concerned.

Comment

stop making awesome vids

subbed btw

Comment

Nice video. Loved when he was middleweight. Like everyone else, wish he would have stayed more disciplined and focused.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Ugh! was one patient motherfucker waiting for me to get around to making videos again : Dude requested this 9 months ago.

Actually making it only took 2 days, including DL, effects, and pasting time.

De La Hoya, Tyson, JMM, and Hagler are all on deck for the next rotation. After that, I might start taking requests again, it just depends on how much free time I have.

Comment

I tried to cram in as much as I possibly could, but it's pretty damn hard to make a career highlight of a dude who's had as many fights as James has, and keep it under 6 minutes. I definitely made a conscious attempt to try to showcase a bit of each division he fought in, though.

I was totally disappointed that so few clips exist of Toney training during his Middleweight and Super Middleweight days, though. Even clips of him training as a heavyweight are pretty scarce : It's mostly sparring. I couldn't find a single clip of work with a jump rope, heavy bag, or speed bag.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Thanks, guys.

Ugh! was one patient mother****er waiting for me to get around to making videos again : Dude requested this 9 months ago.

Actually making it only took 2 days, including DL, effects, and pasting time.

De La Hoya, Tyson, JMM, and Hagler are all on deck for the next rotation. After that, I might start taking requests again, it just depends on how much free time I have.
                patience is a virtue, good thing i pushed the issue, sht was tight, the nas song really fit, damn it why didnt i think of a nas song

while you still work for free and i can leech, you should make a hearns highlight

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  patience is a virtue, good thing i pushed the issue, sht was tight, the nas song really fit, damn it why didnt i think of a nas song

while you still work for free and i can leech, you should make a hearns highlight
                  Like I said : I appreciated the patience, man. I should be back to making videos more often now, so once I get Oscar, Marvin, "Iron" Mike, and Juan Manuel out of the way, I'll PM you and let you know how goes the Hearns HL.

Comment

Working...
                  X