Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Currently Rate Higher, Fury or Price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You Currently Rate Higher, Fury or Price?

I know most have generally rated Price higher - possibly because he comes across as a serious athlete while Fury has been a bit of a clown & often out of shape.

Price is the more concussive puncher but he's only been past 4 rounds twice so if Fury is still there at 6 rounds would that be a big factor. He's been 12 against Chisora & now Johnson & also 10 against Big John in the disputed win. Fury has faced better opponents but Price seems to be able to hurt anyone he hits (he's knocked out many opponents quicker & easier than anyone prior). Of course, part of Price's arsenal is his size & Fury is slightly bigger so will Price's vaunted power be negated?

So many great questions. Isn't a great situation?
    Tyson Fury
    30.77%
    David Price
    69.23%

The poll is expired.

I suppose I should have added "I don't know" for people like me.

Comment

Fury.

And I already did before this weekend.

No change in my opinion, Price has the flaws i thought he had, and Fury is as good as I hoped he was

Comment

Well... Price will always have the ability to Ko or change the fight with one punch,the way he dispatched Skelton was impressive.. but for a big man his jab isn't all that good,that should be his main weapon

On record Fury has beaten the better opposition but he would have probably went 12 with Skelton on Friday if it was him,Fury has bursts of looking really good and then he takes his mind of the game quite alot and looses concentration

Whereas Price is all about technique and setting up that huge power shots which he can deliver with devastating effect on the backfoot..

I can see Fury being lazy with an attack and walking into one of prices traps and getting Ko'd

Comment

Anyone who votes for Price is an idiot. How can you rate someone whose best win consist of 49 y/o Audley Harrison and 62 y/o Matt Skelton.

Comment

I heard Price is thinking of challenging Freddie Flintoff for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rat burger View Post
              Well... Price will always have the ability to Ko or change the fight with one punch,the way he dispatched Skelton was impressive.. but for a big man his jab isn't all that good,that should be his main weapon

On record Fury has beaten the better opposition but he would have probably went 12 with Skelton on Friday if it was him,Fury has bursts of looking really good and then he takes his mind of the game quite alot and looses concentration

Whereas Price is all about technique and setting up that huge power shots which he can deliver with devastating effect on the backfoot..

I can see Fury being lazy with an attack and walking into one of prices traps and getting Ko'd
              No he wouldn't

Skelton got ko'd by MARTIN ROGAN about 5 years ago

Fury has proven he is LEVELS above Rogan/Skelton/maddelone type fighters and can take them out easily

Comment

I rate Price higher than Fury; but in terms of where they are in their careers, Fury is obviously ahead.

Both fighters need to focus on certain elements of their 'game'. Price needs to work on footwork and his defensive guard; Fury on footwork and combos.

Price should leave Maloney and join up with MatchRoom.
                Last edited by yoz; 12-02-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Unless Price is incredibly chinny I feel very confident that Price beats Fury, if Fury ever finds his balls and takes the fight.

Comment

Hmmmm I see it as Price being the more cruder, hard hitting of the two with the ability to change the fight with a single punch and Fury as more technically sound than Price with (at this rate) better conditioning and a better skill set overall. It's a toss up imo

Comment

Working...
                    X