No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Total Domination By Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Total Domination By Sergey Kovalev

Total domination by Sergey Kovalev, who landed nearly as many punches as Nathan Cleverly threw. Kovalev scoring three knockdowns for a TKO win to capture the WBO light heavyweight crown in four rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

A "beast" that out-jabs Clev is not a beast. He's a complex boxer... with great power, of course.
    (They didn't measure the connection rate...)

Comment

I have a weird feeling about this. It's like LHW division suddenly died. I see no-one who can withstand Kovalev. I have been watching boxing for some time but it's the first time I see a swarmer who punches hard every time. All GGG's punches are heavy but he doesn't throw as many punches. At least Kovalev doesn't have a brother in the same division... as i think it will be Kovalev and everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
        I have a weird feeling about this. It's like LHW division suddenly died. I see no-one who can withstand Kovalev. I have been watching boxing for some time but it's the first time I see a swarmer who punches hard every time. All GGG's punches are heavy but he doesn't throw as many punches. At least Kovalev doesn't have a brother in the same division... as i think it will be Kovalev and everybody else.
        ..."Life is funny and shit...", as they say...
        ... Kovalev is a phenomenon -- but, sometimes, God gives with one hand and takes with the other...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ..."Life is funny and shit...", as they say...
          ... Kovalev is a phenomenon -- but, sometimes, God gives with one hand and takes with the other...
          Hope you don't plan on doing anything horrible to anyone near him...

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
            At least for now, I can see Bernard Hopkins giving him at least a very tough fight. There's also a possibility of Ward stepping up in weight, if/when he does return.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
              Hope you don't plan on doing anything horrible to anyone near him...
              At least someone here shows signs of good humor...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
                At least for now, I can see Bernard Hopkins giving him at least a very tough fight. There's also a possibility of Ward stepping up in weight, if/when he does return.
                Glad you read my posts...
                I sincerely hope that the big grandpa legend B-Hop will be spared with this "occasion"...
                As about Andre Ward: I repeatedly said here that he might be the only one capable of facing Kovalev right now... Ward's "greatness" (if such a thing exists) would eventually be tested... ( I'm rooting for Ward, anyway...)

Comment

I thought Cleverly was doing alright, he just needed to get out of the first few rounds without getting clipped. There's no way Kovalev can throw at that pace and with that power for 12 rounds.

Comment

You could tell it was going to end early after the first round. Cleverly was getting hit far too much while not being able to establish his own offense. He just got overwhelmed and taken out. Cleverly flicked the jab out there some but that was it as far as offense. Kovalev, on the other hand, threw fast, powerful combinations and stayed on top off Cleverly. This was a dominant performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X