No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Brilliant! Another long holiday, a shit shave and shower in chokey and this guy comes back with yet another easy fight that nobody is that interested in seeing.

Floyds comeback has been absolutely gash.
    1.5M paid for the Cotto fight, 1.25M paid for the Ortiz fight, 1.4M paid for the Mosley fight, 1.1M paid for the Marquez fight. I'd say they've been pretty interested and the opponents have been pretty good.

This will be Floyd's easiest opponent though, and I do not see him selling 1M PPV for the first time since the Hatton fight.

Comment

I liked Guerrero's performance against Berto. What bothers me is his fight with Aydin who wobbled him a few times and almost got dropped. And that was an unconditioned, unskilled Aydin.

This is a mismatch.

Comment

Man it must suck to be berto, he had 2 chances to hit the mayweather lottery and he blew them both. Anyways, Mayweather vs Guerrero is just...blahhh. I can see the 24/7s now, floyd flashing money and guerrero discussing his wifes cancer for the billionth time.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
          Figures, Cotto takes on the bigger challenge and Mayweather gets the easy fight.
          are you serious? proof right here that Floyd will never please casual fans, you realize there are people here, many people, who rip the idea of Floyd fighting Canelo because he's too green or unproven

name another non Bob Arum welter weight that he should fight over Guerrero

exactly

Comment

While I'm not dying to see this fight, Guerrero is #3 at 147, just behind Pac and May. I'd personally love to see Floyd fight Matinez at 154, but even I'm willing to admit that's a stretch of a fight to make. Then there's Canelo. I can't see any problems with making that fight, but from a promoters stand point it makes more sense to let him wait and at least get another victory, then go after Mayweather when he's even older. All things considered this fight does kinda make sense. I'm sure I'll get hated on for saying that, and I should be, but like it or not this is the way boxing works nowadays.

Comment

Yea im cool with this fight, you can't teach heart, and grittiness. He's got a **** load of both. I give him a shot to win even though it's a small shot, no ones untouchable.

Comment

I wouldn't call it disgraceful, even though I think Floyd will win. I think all the hate on the undefeated fighters gets old though, it is always the same. If someone is undefeated or makes fights look easy, they didn't fight anyone or they are cowards, etc. Ridiculous. The hatred of Floyd always shines through no matter how he fights. He could fight 3 top guys in a row and people would make **** up about why they were all BS fights. This is of course until he loses one day and then that opponent will be called a real challenge and how finally when Floyd "stepped up" supposedly, he lost. I remember the same BS was said about RJJ until he lost then everyone said "SEE!!". Same crap with Calzaghe too. If someone is undefeated it MUST mean they are just not fighting the right people huh? The only fighter I will give you that Floyd may truly have legitimately avoided was a prime Margarito. But who didn't? He was the most avoided fighter in the sport for years so please. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Hatton and KOed him. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Corrales and utterly embarrased him. Floyd beat a prime Zab Judah. Floyd beat a prime Jose Luis Castillo. So save the bull****. The only prime undefeated fighter Manny faced was Jorge Solis lol. Barrera was not in his prime, Morales was not in his prime, Larios was not in his prime, ODLH was not in his prime, etc. So all this disguised Pac buttloving can go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Man it must suck to be berto, he had 2 chances to hit the mayweather lottery and he blew them both. Anyways, Mayweather vs Guerrero is just...blahhh. I can see the 24/7s now, floyd flashing money and guerrero discussing his wifes cancer for the billionth time.
                  Wow... :/ You're really a piece of s.h.i.t!

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                    are you serious? proof right here that Floyd will never please casual fans, you realize there are people here, many people, who rip the idea of Floyd fighting Canelo because he's too green or unproven

name another non Bob Arum welter weight that he should fight over Guerrero

exactly
                    Canelo -is- too green. Who has Canelo beat? Name one good fighter who wasn't faded or two weight classes lower than him that he beat.

If Floyd can entertain the idea of fighting Canelo, why doesn't he step up and fight Sergio?

exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlashKnows View Post
                      Canelo -is- too green. Who has Canelo beat? Name one good fighter who wasn't faded or two weight classes lower than him that he beat.

If Floyd can entertain the idea of fighting Canelo, why doesn't he step up and fight Sergio?

exactly.
                      the post I quoted said Floyd picked the easier fight (Rob over Canelo), now you come along and say Canelo is too green

you can't have it both ways

Comment

Working...
                      X