Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's ''ATG Punching Power'' - Stats break down....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
    Heard/Read a lot of stuff regarding Wladimir Klits apparent legendary punching power...

Since his defeat to Lamon Brewster in 04 he has had 14 fights. 11 KO's. 3 Decisions. Very good record no doubt.

However of those 11 KO's, THREE stoppages have come in the first 6 rounds....lets compare KO's in the first 6 rounds of other ATG punchers, through their careers.

Wlad - 38/49
    Shavers - 64/69
    Foreman - 63/68
    Tyson - 41/44

clearly a long way back......
    lets have a look at KO's within the first 3 rounds

wlad - 28/49
    shavers - 52/69
    foreman - 46/68
    tyson - 34/44

lagging a long way back again.......

Now statistics NEVER tell the whole story. But its worth considering surely?

of course this means wlad has a lot more late ko's than those others, a testament to his conditioning. however if he had such great Punching power, why is it taking him until the later rounds to KO his opponents? Even lately, his most dominant run, only 3/11 KO's have come in the first 6 rounds? Compared to Tyson at his peak or Foreman at his peak, thats pretty poor.

Wlad is one of the hardest hitters of all time. No doubt. But by no means top 3. He is catching his opponents PLENTY during the early rounds. But he isnt KO'ing them until they have tired themselves, and worn down by continued punishment. And as i said, klit carries his power to late rounds remarkably well. but ATG power? i think not.
    Allow me to sodomize this piece of **** list you compiled and expose it and your own worthlessness.

Of Shavers's KO's in the first 6 rounds. First of all Shavers had 69 KO's in 90 fights. He also had 14 losses. Could it be he swung wildly going for the KO and had no talent and only succeeded because everyone in the 70's is overrated to hell? 37 of Shavers's knockouts in the first 6 rounds came against guys who weighed under 200 lbs when coming to the ring. Some of them weighed under 170 lbs. And these weren't world class SMW's...these were fights in highschool gyms in youngstown with guys with 0-9-1 records. 33 of Shavers's ko's in the first 3 rounds came against guys who weighed under 200 lbs. Again put Wlad up against 170 lbs guys and see what happens. In all of his fights Shavers knocked out 19 guys over 200 lbs in the first 3 rounds. These included?:
    1) 3-18 Larry Sims
    2) 0-5 Phil Clinard
    3) 3-19 mike rodgers
    4) Amateur Terrell Williams (first and only pro fight)
    5) 8-12 Eddie Perotte
    6)2-18 Tommy Howard
    7)6-7 leon shaw
    8) 16-17 Roy Wallace
    9)1-14 Richard Pittman
    10)14-18 Mac Harrison
    11)12-25 Lee Estes
    12)15-19 John Hudgins
    13)3-9 Abe Brown
    14)1-3 Silas Howell
    15) 16-16 Oliver Wright

So in his entire career, Shavers KOd 4 heavyweights in under 3 rounds who had winning records. Oh it was a golden age.

These were greats, like 10 years past prime Joe Bugner, and 8 year past prime Ken NOrton, Howard Smith? Whoever the hell that is, he barely made it being 202 lbs and weighing under 200 much of his career, and who could forget Henry Clark?

70's boxing was a joke. Wake the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
      wlad boxes... cause the sport is called boxing

not "swinging your arms randomly, looking for the KO", or "punching" or even "fighting"

the sport is called BOXING
      Sorry, but Wlad fight the way he does because he is now afraid to go for it Since the Sanders fight. Considering his susceptibility to being hurt its absolutely the smartest thing he could do. But considering he almost always has the advantages in size, strength, speed, skills and power it doesn't endear him to many fans such as myself. In my opinion there is no excuse for him not going after the knockout with both Ibragimov and Haye, and choosing to wear down much lesser talents like Rahman, Peter and Thompson instead of using skill and precision combinations to take them out much sooner. He simply lacks confidence in his own ability to absorb hard punches so he plays it the safest way possible. And the part that gets me...I totally believe he has the ability to destroy most of his opponents early. You may think Im just hating on him, but that isn't the case at all, it's a logical and factual assessment. The only thing I dislike about Wlad is the way he fights and his (not saying you) ridiculous nuthuggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
        Fighters have always been coddled. You show me a fighter with a matchmaker and I'll show you a coddled fighter.
        Jeffries, Johnson, Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Charles, Walcott, Frazier, Quarry etc., etc., etc. I can go on with lesser examples of guys who were fighting more top comp, experienced fighters, but these guys stood out to me concerning this subject. Please go ahead and tell me how they were coddled compared to todays fighters who have the luxury of not being rated by ONE organization, but four?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Good post!
          No it's not a good post in my opinion. (A for effort, but It's comprised of irrelevant data)

It's about style, not punching power. You can be the hardest puncher of all time, but it won't matter if you have a cautious methodical style, you won't wreck people within 6.

A better comparison would have been to count power punches and divide that by stoppages. That would be a flawed but more fair statistical research.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
            Allow me to sodomize this piece of **** list you compiled and expose it and your own worthlessness.

Of Shavers's KO's in the first 6 rounds. First of all Shavers had 69 KO's in 90 fights. He also had 14 losses. Could it be he swung wildly going for the KO and had no talent and only succeeded because everyone in the 70's is overrated to hell? 37 of Shavers's knockouts in the first 6 rounds came against guys who weighed under 200 lbs when coming to the ring. Some of them weighed under 170 lbs. And these weren't world class SMW's...these were fights in highschool gyms in youngstown with guys with 0-9-1 records. 33 of Shavers's ko's in the first 3 rounds came against guys who weighed under 200 lbs. Again put Wlad up against 170 lbs guys and see what happens. In all of his fights Shavers knocked out 19 guys over 200 lbs in the first 3 rounds. These included?:
            1) 3-18 Larry Sims
            2) 0-5 Phil Clinard
            3) 3-19 mike rodgers
            4) Amateur Terrell Williams (first and only pro fight)
            5) 8-12 Eddie Perotte
            6)2-18 Tommy Howard
            7)6-7 leon shaw
            8) 16-17 Roy Wallace
            9)1-14 Richard Pittman
            10)14-18 Mac Harrison
            11)12-25 Lee Estes
            12)15-19 John Hudgins
            13)3-9 Abe Brown
            14)1-3 Silas Howell
            15) 16-16 Oliver Wright

So in his entire career, Shavers KOd 4 heavyweights in under 3 rounds who had winning records. Oh it was a golden age.

These were greats, like 10 years past prime Joe Bugner, and 8 year past prime Ken NOrton, Howard Smith? Whoever the hell that is, he barely made it being 202 lbs and weighing under 200 much of his career, and who could forget Henry Clark?

70's boxing was a joke. Wake the **** up.
            sorry i forgot who im dealing with.

according to klit fans ALL that matters is size. the 70's are **** because people weighed in at around 200......

apparently its better to weigh in at 220 - 240 pounds, completely utterly FAT and out of shape (peter, chambers, tony thompson, chagaev)

Comment

Originally posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
              Heard/Read a lot of stuff regarding Wladimir Klits apparent legendary punching power...

Since his defeat to Lamon Brewster in 04 he has had 14 fights. 11 KO's. 3 Decisions. Very good record no doubt.

However of those 11 KO's, THREE stoppages have come in the first 6 rounds....lets compare KO's in the first 6 rounds of other ATG punchers, through their careers.

Wlad - 38/49
              Shavers - 64/69
              Foreman - 63/68
              Tyson - 41/44

clearly a long way back......
              lets have a look at KO's within the first 3 rounds

wlad - 28/49
              shavers - 52/69
              foreman - 46/68
              tyson - 34/44

lagging a long way back again.......

Now statistics NEVER tell the whole story. But its worth considering surely?

of course this means wlad has a lot more late ko's than those others, a testament to his conditioning. however if he had such great Punching power, why is it taking him until the later rounds to KO his opponents? Even lately, his most dominant run, only 3/11 KO's have come in the first 6 rounds? Compared to Tyson at his peak or Foreman at his peak, thats pretty poor.

Wlad is one of the hardest hitters of all time. No doubt. But by no means top 3. He is catching his opponents PLENTY during the early rounds. But he isnt KO'ing them until they have tired themselves, and worn down by continued punishment. And as i said, klit carries his power to late rounds remarkably well. but ATG power? i think not.

you clearly don't watch his fights

and numbers in boxing (especially knockouts) do not tell the whole story

wladimir doesn't usually even throw power punches for the first few rounds
              literally
              he will throw almost nothing other than the jab. nothing wrong with that if you are his size and his type of jab, but you aren't knocking anybody out with it

when he starts to break a man down to the point where he's unable to mount a meaningful offense back (wladimir doesn't have a terrific chin. he's been down an ungodly amount of times and stopped thrice,) then he will throw his power punches

usually just a right hand after the jab or double jab. it's a huge punch
              once in a blue moon he will throw the hook behind it.

wladimir used to start fast
              anybody with the skills to survive the assault would tire him out late. but if they didn't he would knock them out early.

you cant use a huge body like that with big muslces in that manner. you'll gas out. it's so much more work boxing with a big body. only if you use your size correctly is it an advantage. otherwise you'll gas more quickly than your opponent.

the style that you're used to seeing has been slowly adapted since after the first brewster fight

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                No doubt you're an expert on being sodomized :jerk0ff9:

Comment

I think Foreman, Shavers, Tyson, Lewis, Liston and Louis all hit harder than Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                    I think Foreman, Shavers, Tyson, Lewis, Liston and Louis all hit harder than Wladimir.
                    I'd agree with this if we remove tyson.

I think he had a lot of power, but not as much raw 1 punch power as wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      I'd agree with this if we remove tyson.

I think he had a lot of power, but not as much raw 1 punch power as wlad.
                      Tyson would be the easiest pick for me. For example watch the one punch knockdown of Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                      X