Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love to stir this pot up so tell me.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love to stir this pot up so tell me.......

Is there an ATG in history that Floyd Mayweather Jr. can possibly beat or may even be a favorite against. Ive heard people give lesser fighters a decent shot but why not Money? Im talking the best atleast top 20 to 30. I would like some honest answers. I think the brother can squabble with anyone in history so my opinion is sort of worthless to this conversation but you guys can give me something to talk about.

I personally think he would be favourite to beat almost anyone at 130Lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I must say thats not what I epected as the first comment. At 130 I dont see anyone beating him. What about 140? Not too many fights but he looked good.

Comment

He stands high in h2h standards imo, though most people are putting him against boxers that are at Welter though which is not his best weight.
        He is still very capable at Welter but not against the best of all time, I'd still give him the advantage against a lot though.

Depends on your ATG list, I give him a good chance / make him a favourite against everyone at SFW e.g Alexis Arguello, who I know tends to rank high on lists.

A fight with Azumah Nelson would be amazing, first time I've thought about it actually.

Your opinion isn't 'worthless', Floyd is a intelligent boxer and would imo give most some kind of trouble, especially with his defense and adaptability that he has shown.

Of course though all a fantasy fight is is just that, fantasy, tend not too spend too much time on them unless one really interests me.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          I must say thats not what I epected as the first comment. At 130 I dont see anyone beating him. What about 140? Not too many fights but he looked good.
          At 140 physically he looked exceptional but we really haven't seen enough of him there to judge IMO. He holds his own with most but I would probably favour alot against him but I haven't given it much thought. Guys like Tszyu and Pryor I would lean on Mayweather in.

At 135, it's just so deep of a division I just see alot of guys beating him at that weight. Even though Floyd is a good Lightweight physcially again. Guys like Duran, Whitaker, Ortiz, Williams etc I would favour over Mayweather.

Then again I would favour Floyd over ATG Lightweights like Buchanan, Brown etc I would favour Mayweather over so it works both ways I guess. But the guys I consider THE best Lightweights of all time and alot of ATG I would naturally favour over Mayweather but not all of them.

I 147 I favour alot over him, especially if it's their natural weight class. It isn't really a fair comparison to me. I believe he beats the less natural guys there like Prime Oscar and Prime Mosley and guys like that but natural Welterweight's like Griffith, Hearns, Leonard etc I give him little chance at all against personally, it's just not really a fair matchup in my view.

The same obviously goes for Jr Middleweight.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-26-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

not armstrong, pep, saddler, arguello, and sanchez in my book. not by a long shot
            after all, 130 lb floyd mayweather was young and relatively green.

however, floyd would have a tremendous advantage in size over most other 130 lbers in history. he's got traditional WW dimensions in terms of his height and reach and shoulders
            with a same day weigh in and a 5-10 fight per year schedule floyd would have never fought as any thing less than lightweight, even early in his career.

all that being said, floyd was a very special fighter at 130 and 135, and would have likely had similar success had he gone with a lengthy tenure at 140

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              He stands high in h2h standards imo, though most people are putting him against boxers that are at Welter though which is not his best weight.
              He is still very capable at Welter but not against the best of all time, I'd still give him the advantage against a lot though.

Depends on your ATG list, I give him a good chance / make him a favourite against everyone at SFW e.g Alexis Arguello, who I know tends to rank high on lists.

A fight with Azumah Nelson would be amazing, first time I've thought about it actually.

Your opinion isn't 'worthless', Floyd is a intelligent boxer and would imo give most some kind of trouble, especially with his defense and adaptability that he has shown.

Of course though all a fantasy fight is is just that, fantasy, tend not too spend too much time on them unless one really interests me.
              I only say worthless because I think he beats a lot of them even at WW. I feel like a lot of the guys that peeps pick to destroy him like Hearns, Duran and Hagler couldnt make the proper adjustments to win. Duran probably stands the best chance because he could change it up some. Hagler I think would get picked off for 12 rounds. I see him attacking Hearns and not letting the length take over and Tommy doesnt exactly have an iron chin. When guys talk Chavez and prime Mosley's beating him I draw the line because its a tier down in ATG's. I think those are spankings.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                not armstrong, pep, saddler, arguello, and sanchez in my book. not by a long shot
                after all, 130 lb floyd mayweather was young and relatively green.

however, floyd would have a tremendous advantage in size over most other 130 lbers in history. he's got traditional WW dimensions in terms of his height and reach and shoulders
                with a same day weigh in and a 5-10 fight per year schedule floyd would have never fought as any thing less than lightweight, even early in his career.

all that being said, floyd was a very special fighter at 130 and 135, and would have likely had similar success had he gone with a lengthy tenure at 140
                I dont know bruh. I think he destroys Arguello and bullies Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  I dont know bruh. I think he destroys Arguello and bullies Pep.
                  ^^^^^ :rofl9::rofl9::rofl9::rofl9:

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    ^^^^^ :rofl9::rofl9::rofl9::rofl9:
                    I know you don't do new weight classes but for the sake of argument how do you see Mayweather Jr Vs Arguello going at 130 Lbs, Poet?

Comment

Working...
                    X