Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan doesn't deserve a rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see him get thrashed again. And then follow up with all of his excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Cherry picks? Kotelnik (champion). Maidana (mandatory).Judah (champion) Peterson (mandatory) Garcia (champion). These are cherry picks?

Lets not forget he offered Bradley a 50/50 fight which was ducked by Bradley who was considered the top guy in the divsion

Who should he have been fighting exactly? Prescott? A guy who couldn't even get past Kevin Mitchell

Why does it apply too Amir Khan but not to a fighter like say Wladimir Klitschko when he fights champions, mandatorys etc?

Bradley had bigger fish to try than Amir Khan.
      He lost TWO of those fights though and almost lost a 3rd.
      Prescott has fought Miguel Vazquez, Richard Abril, Amir Khan, Mike Alvarado, Kevin Mitchell

Yes he lost to Mitchell as a weight drained 135lber but Khan lost to Prescott
      He was also getting dropped left, right & center at 135 and is lucky not to have a loss to Willie Limmond.

Comment

If its an easy fight why doesn't Amir take it?

He is coming off two back-to-back losses, Prescotts just whooped a solid gatekeeper.

I don't see why he doesn't face his fears presuming he gets past Molina and rematch Prescott. Seeing as he apparently is supposed to not duck anyone.

Why should he get a rematch? He wouldn't give Maidana a rematch who gave him hell or McCloskey (though I can't fault him for that) or Prescott who savaged him, yet he thinks he deserves a rematch against Garcia WTF?

Actually Garcia should just take it, another easy payday.

Comment

eh its up to garcia really, he's certainly not obliged to give kahn a rematch but if kahn gets a win under his belt and the money is right then why not? I wouldn't be opposed to it. But likewise if garcia chooses to go elsewhere that's cool its up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            If its an easy fight why doesn't Amir take it?

He is coming off two back-to-back losses, Prescotts just whooped a solid gatekeeper.

I don't see why he doesn't face his fears presuming he gets past Molina and rematch Prescott. Seeing as he apparently is supposed to not duck anyone.

Why should he get a rematch? He wouldn't give Maidana a rematch who gave him hell or McCloskey (though I can't fault him for that) or Prescott who savaged him, yet he thinks he deserves a rematch against Garcia WTF?

Actually Garcia should just take it, another easy payday.
            Khan gave Garcia a fight in the first place. He didn't need to fight him - wasn't his mandatory or anything. He could've moved up to 147 or taken an easier fight.

Comment

Dan against dirk this should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Khan gave Garcia a fight in the first place. He didn't need to fight him - wasn't his mandatory or anything. He could've moved up to 147 or taken an easier fight.

Precisely a cherrypick that went wrong. They seen him fight an old, shot to bits Morales who couldn't make weight & thought ''Amir will destroy this guy, he holds a belt and it looks good on paper him taking his '0'''
                Garcia was groomed and was never meant to be anything but an easy win & easy way of Khan getting another title, its why he was steered away from Ajose. That poor mofo had to face Matthysse for his shot!

Little did they know that Danny Garcia had done his homework & would take advantage of the same flaws hes had since his amateur days.

He looked very average against Morales in the first fight, nobody wanted the fight to start with and hell would of broken loose if they'd took an easier fight on paper at the time.

Comment

They tried grooming Amir the easiest way possible towards a fight with Floyd Mayweather lol

Do you realise the damage Floyd would do to that kid? I can't believe it was often being thrown around as a legit fight.

He now faces Carlos Molina, another handpicked guy - Small, inexperienced guy who lacks power & overall should be an easy win for Amir.
                  Then he'll be put against your Paulie Malignaggi's of the world. He will spoonfed more world titles & vacant straps against nobodies. Probably a few for name recognition.
                  He will get unbuttoned the second he steps up in class again.

He is petrified of Breidis Prescott, I think his overly loyal fanbase are too. They know in their heart of hearts that Breidis will starch him again.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Precisely a cherrypick that went wrong. They seen him fight an old, shot to bits Morales who couldn't make weight & thought ''Amir will destroy this guy, he holds a belt and it looks good on paper him taking his '0'''
                    Garcia was groomed and was never meant to be anything but an easy win & easy way of Khan getting another title, its why he was steered away from Ajose. That poor mofo had to face Matthysse for his shot!

Little did they know that Danny Garcia had done his homework & would take advantage of the same flaws hes had since his amateur days.

He looked very average against Morales in the first fight, nobody wanted the fight to start with and hell would of broken loose if they'd took an easier fight on paper at the time.
                    A cherry pick? Uh no, he was the best available opponent after the PEDerson fight fell through.

The fact that you're hyping up average ass Ajose Olusegun as some kind of dangerous fighter that had to be ducked is hilarious and tells me everything I need to know.

You'd probably never seen him fight until he fought Mathysse. Whilst I watched him fight and look like **** against a club fighter in the UK not so long ago.

Stop it.

Comment

Kotelnik, Judah & even Maidana are just names. All three fall short of world level.

You've got Kotelnik whose a fairly solid Euro level/bordering world class fighter at the tale end of his career.
                      Judah whose never beaten anybody that is world class and fallen short everytime if you're not including his gift over Lucas. Famed really for winning a couple of rounds against Floyd when Judah was prime.
                      Then you've got Maidana who frankly is just not very good and has taken a huge amount of amateur fights & nearly 35 pro outings to finally learn what a jab is.

In a sense Judah is just like Amir Khan, hes like a 6 time world champion or some rubbish, his best win is against Corey Spinks who he is tied 1 a piece with and no disrespect to Corey Spinks but he bloody sucks. Everytime hes stepped up, hes lost in rather embarrassing fashion. His 2nd best win is probably over a very green Junior Witter.

Comment

Working...
                      X