Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any truth in the rumor Jerry Quarry beat George Foreman up in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably as true as the myth that Monzon knocked out Joe Frazier in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      yes thats true enough... IMO Quarry would have beaten Foreman back then, Quarry excelled against big powerful guys like Foreman they was always an easy fight for him he handed Ron Lyle, Mac Foster, Buster Mathis, Dave Centi, Tony Alongi, Stanford Harris & Larry Middleton the worst beating of their careers and they all matched up to Foreman in size with Lyle, Foster & Shavers having equal power to Foreman yet none could put a dent in the granite chin of Jerry Quarry, Middleton, Alongi, Mathis and Floyd Patterson was all vastly superior than Foreman with boxing skills yet all was soundly beaten by Quarry who was a great counter-puncher..
      George Foreman spoke volumes when he ranked Jerry on his Web site as the greatest fighter never to become champion. Big George said: "Had he punched with Ellis and boxed Frazier, he would have been champion. When I was heavyweight champion of the world, I purposely dodged him."

I think Jerry would have knocked him out!
      Yeah sounds like he would've, or pounded out an easy decision with his counterpunching. At least years later Foreman was man enough to admit he ducked someone. You think we'd ever hear Roy Jones or Floyd Mayweather mention all the guys they could've fought that they didn't? Yeah right.

Comment

Foreman would have half killed Quarry in a real fight.Even worse than Ken Norton did.

Quarry was a good counter puncher,and I can see in "sparring" how he could have countered big George as Foreman was "sparring" with him.But Quarry would stand no chance in a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Spadafora is said to have whupped Mayweather.
          he did too..theres a video on youtube lol

Comment

Working...
          X