Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack "non pariel" Dempsey

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      I see you're serious, but this thread would be much better in the history section.
      It's alright JR. Somebody suggested this to him in some thread a while ago and he's gullible enough to bite. LOL

Comment

Either Greb or Pep for me, wouldn't mind either of those being top of anyone's list.

Comment

Agree with your picks + Ken Buchanan.

Comment

Buchanan is a great shout. As is Jimmy Wilde !

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
              Well, it's obviously Harry Greb for #1.

Who is #2? Pep or Benny Leonard IMO

Leonard was Jewish. Jews only consider themselves white when it's beneficial to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                Rocky Marciano next is Gerry Cooney. LOL
                I'm sorry but either Klitschko would've beaten Cooney fairly easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                  Buchanan is a great shout. As is Jimmy Wilde !
                  I was joking about Buchanan sadly.

I think Wilde is horribly over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    I was joking about Buchanan sadly.

I think Wilde is horribly over-rated.
                    Wilde is great for a white guy

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      i think alot of the old time fighters (of any skin color) were more iconic than actual "the greatest fighters of all time"

most fighters of the old days are always looked at as better in every way than the current fighters. this is full bs, because thanks to technology, sports science, knowledge, and experimentation, athletes today are far more conditioned and trained than of the old days. there is exceptions for every rule, but generally, fighters of old are made out to be legends, when in reality todays fighters are much better overall. this is just simple evolution. no one believes this, and i understand that, cause then the "golden era of boxing" myth dies down, but its simple to see how it works. in sports, each generation is stronger, smarter, faster, better...
                      I would'nt say we are smarter because that just is'nt true. All the fighters that stand out today use these old school tricks that were way more commen at one time. People from the past were all around tougher mentally and physically. Now of days you'll never find a fighter with that same bread toughness. Now of days fighters crumble from one shot and they break down. People ate more whole foods back then all these synthetic vitamins and **** processed food isn't the way to go. People worked hard jobs that also helped build strength in places and in ways that boxing alone can't do. Why do you think Hagler wa so dominant?

Comment

Working...
                      X