No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Says Roach's Illness Was Partial Reason For Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Says Roach's Illness Was Partial Reason For Split

Former champion Amir Khan was pretty open about his reasons for firing trainer Freddie Roach. When the British star was interviewed a few weeks ago, he said the main reason for making a change was the high volume of fighters that Roach was working with. Khan said grew tired of sharing training camps with Manny Pacquiao and other boxers who are working Roach.

Khan then hired Virgil Hunter, who himself is starting to build a big roster of boxers at his gym in California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Former champion Amir Khan was pretty open about his reasons for firing trainer Freddie Roach. When the British star was interviewed a few weeks ago, he said the main reason for making a change was the high volume of fighters that Roach was working with. Khan said grew tired of sharing training camps with Manny Pacquiao and other boxers who are working Roach.

Khan then hired Virgil Hunter, who himself is starting to build a big roster of boxers at his gym in California.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Just like I said earlier, PARTIAL. Khan gave multiple reasons for the split, this is just his first time giving THIS reason. I dont like Khan, but he's not an evil guy just hating. He has no reason to. He told Roach to his face that he was going in different directions.

Comment

The more Khan speaks the more I dislike him. He's letting his ego get the best of him and it's starting to show in his performances. Maybe try taking the loss moving on and quit taking subtle hits at Roach?

Comment

khan needs to move on...he seems to be bitter by the split which was his own decision

khan still thinks a better trainer automatically translates into him becoming a better fighter...he thought he was on pac's level the day he stepped into the wild card gym but he simply isnt

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          khan needs to move on...he seems to be bitter by the split which was his own decision

khan still thinks a better trainer automatically translates into him becoming a better fighter...he thought he was on pac's level the day he stepped into the wild card gym but he simply isnt
          He is moving on. Someone asked him a question and he answered it. Usually a "better" trainer makes someone better no?

No way in that article does he sound better. He called freddie himself and told him. Good for Khan, let's see if the new trainer can bring something to the table.

Comment

i feel for Roach, when I watch the fights or 24/7 I always think to myself damn Roach is struggling or damn his condition is slowing him down. The last couple of years roach has aged dramtically.

I don't know if all the training he does aids his condition or if it deteriorates it, but im sure he knows best and is doing what helps him.

I hope he can stay in the game as a trainer for a long time to come.

Comment

Show a little class khan, first you say roach should ditch his other fighters to focus on you and when he dosent take you up on that stupid offer tou imply he can't do his job properly. Act like a man.

Comment

this kid talks a lot of ****, what an ungrateful son of a b1tch. khan somehow forgot roach was the reason he got to be world champion. khan can't just accept the fact that he has a glass chin and no matter how much training he does, it won't change a thing. it's just something your born with.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                  He is moving on. Someone asked him a question and he answered it. Usually a "better" trainer makes someone better no?

No way in that article does he sound better. He called freddie himself and told him. Good for Khan, let's see if the new trainer can bring something to the table.
                  well he gave another reason this time didnt he? freddy's allure as a trainer has diminished since most of his star fighter lost this year, saying that his disease affects his abilities as a trainer certainly isnt good advertisement for other fighters looking to join roach's stable...

and no...a better trainer (defensively in this case) doesnt make u a better fighter. floyd sr did little for hatton, steward didnt do much for cintron or cotto, nacho did nothing for maidana and viloria is better off without garcia

doesnt make them bad trainers, they just couldnt make them better fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    this kid talks a lot of ****, what an ungrateful son of a b1tch. khan somehow forgot roach was the reason he got to be world champion. khan can't just accept the fact that he has a glass chin and no matter how much training he does, it won't change a thing. it's just something your born with.
                    Yeah, he got to accept it and change his style to fit his physical attributes. It will be extra hard for him because he cant control his emotions and gets provoked into a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X