Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melson's Message (charity related please read)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melson's Message (charity related please read)

Dear Fans, Friends and Members of the Media,

Since turning pro in October 2010, I've been fighting for far more than myself; I fight for the greater good. As you may know, I've donated all of my fight purses to justadollarplease.org to support bringing specific Clinical Trials to the United States to help cure Chronic Spinal Cord Injuries. I consider this especially important on Independence Day because millions of Americans, including over 7,000 soldiers who served our country in the Middle East since the war had started, are confined to wheelchairs and robbed of their independence.

Fortunately, there is good news. The trial that we are raising funds for here in the U.S. was first conducted in China for FDA approval. They finished in China in May and the data from trials in China yielded great results. Only two months after undergoing the procedure followed by rigorous therapy, a quarter of the Chronic Spinal Cord Injured patients were able to walk without any human assistance. Again, this was supposed to be impossible. Although great progress has been made towards making these trials a reality in the Land of the Free, we still have a lot of work to do. The initial trials set to take place this fall in the U.S. require a sample size of 20 patients. The procedure along with the three months of physical therapy afterward cost $100,000 per patient.

Please watch the video below to learn more information about justadollarplease.org, the pending trial and Team Fight to Walk. I wholeheartedly hope that you can pass this video along to everybody you know and I ask you to donate at least $1. All donations are tax deductable and justadollarplease.org is a 501C3. Most importantly, you CAN make a difference.

Thanks and God Bless,

Boyd Melson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fSS7fuJa61U

Originally posted by boxingfan201 View Post
    Dear Fans, Friends and Members of the Media,

Since turning pro in October 2010, I've been fighting for far more than myself; I fight for the greater good. As you may know, I've donated all of my fight purses to justadollarplease.org to support bringing specific Clinical Trials to the United States to help cure Chronic Spinal Cord Injuries. I consider this especially important on Independence Day because millions of Americans, including over 7,000 soldiers who served our country in the Middle East since the war had started, are confined to wheelchairs and robbed of their independence.

Fortunately, there is good news. The trial that we are raising funds for here in the U.S. was first conducted in China for FDA approval. They finished in China in May and the data from trials in China yielded great results. Only two months after undergoing the procedure followed by rigorous therapy, a quarter of the Chronic Spinal Cord Injured patients were able to walk without any human assistance. Again, this was supposed to be impossible. Although great progress has been made towards making these trials a reality in the Land of the Free, we still have a lot of work to do. The initial trials set to take place this fall in the U.S. require a sample size of 20 patients. The procedure along with the three months of physical therapy afterward cost $100,000 per patient.

Please watch the video below to learn more information about justadollarplease.org, the pending trial and Team Fight to Walk. I wholeheartedly hope that you can pass this video along to everybody you know and I ask you to donate at least $1. All donations are tax deductable and justadollarplease.org is a 501C3. Most importantly, you CAN make a difference.

Thanks and God Bless,

Boyd Melson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fSS7fuJa61U

very nice of him, but he's not getting anywhere in boxing. lost his to his first opponent with a winning record.

saw the video, and he's just not good.
    he's not a kid, either. looks to be in his 30's

Comment

Working...
    X