No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    The french dude is only getting that WBO belt because they stripped Pirog for taking on a tougher fighter.
    Lol at the 156 catchweight.....
    Well, time to give another belt away.... why not?
    I can see the WBO giving him this fight.
    W/E... if it happens (most likely in MSG) I'll go there to see it live
    Actually N'Jikam has been the WBO no. 1 contender and mando for quite some time now. He actually has the interim belt right now because his last fight was suppose to be against Pirog but Pirog pulled out due to injury crowning N'Jikam an interim champ. If the WBO strips Pirog it should not be N'Jikam's fault. It actually would be the right person to give it to if they strip Pirog. Hopefully N'Jikam fights the winner of Pirog-Golovkin though.
    As for Cotto asking for that catchweight that is lame. I say he targets the winner of Sturm-Geale will have 2 belts (WBA & IBF). I would say he would have a fair chance at beating either one without catchweight. Cotto has a good team behind him. He can come in at 157 and try and still be fast as he is at 154.

Comment

Cotto's my boy and all but I'm not a fan of catchweights; never have been. especially for titles. Thats just me though. If he's gonna pull something similar to what Pacquiao did vs Margarito at 154..then its meaningless IMO and no Cotto fan should bring up the 145 catchweight excuse anymore. I stopped bringing up the weight drain excuse when Cotto demanded the catchweight w/ Margs.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
        Actually N'Jikam has been the WBO no. 1 contender and mando for quite some time now. He actually has the interim belt right now because his last fight was suppose to be against Pirog but Pirog pulled out due to injury crowning N'Jikam an interim champ. If the WBO strips Pirog it should not be N'Jikam's fault. It actually would be the right person to give it to if they strip Pirog. Hopefully N'Jikam fights the winner of Pirog-Golovkin though.
        As for Cotto asking for that catchweight that is lame. I say he targets the winner of Sturm-Geale will have 2 belts (WBA & IBF). I would say he would have a fair chance at beating either one without catchweight. Cotto has a good team behind him. He can come in at 157 and try and still be fast as he is at 154.
        Correct me if I'm wrong.... wasn't like all of his fights headed by the WBA until his last fight earlier this year...... where he got the interim WBO?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          lol, you seen any of this dude fights?
          I've only seen his fight against Bursak, so idk him well. From what I saw, Hassan has good hand/foot-speed, some pop, good foot-work, and moves his head/torso well. He's a boxer so his tendency isn't to pressure, but he would probably frustrate Cotto because Hassan's movement won't let him get into an offensive rhythm. Hassan's offense is a little wild, so Cotto's timing and punch selection could play a role, but I don't think it will be enough. We don't even know how Cotto will look with the extra weight on him.

Comment

Size shouldn't be a problem. N’Jikam got beat up by a 5'4 midget and got a gift decision. Cotto could take him.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong.... wasn't like all of his fights headed by the WBA until his last fight earlier this year...... where he got the interim WBO?
              I always remember seeing N'Jikam and Pirog's names being thrown around with WBO being attached to it. He could have been involved with the WBA but I've only read about him and the WBO with talks about a Pirog fight.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Size shouldn't be a problem. N’Jikam got beat up by a 5'4 midget and got a gift decision. Cotto could take him.

WOW. What's the average height of a Middleweight? Like 5'10? That's amazing that he is competing at a top level with the size disadvantage. Cotto has a chance then against N'Jikam for the WBO belt or against the Sturm-Geal winner for the WBA & IBF belts. I really think Cotto moving up to Middleweight for a title shot is serious talks now. If I was him or his manager I'd tell him to try it. The size difference for Cotto would be a built in excuse if he came up short in one of these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                I always remember seeing N'Jikam and Pirog's names being thrown around with WBO being attached to it. He could have been involved with the WBA but I've only read about him and the WBO with talks about a Pirog fight.

WOW. What's the average height of a Middleweight? Like 5'10? That's amazing that he is competing at a top level with the size disadvantage. Cotto has a chance then against N'Jikam for the WBO belt or against the Sturm-Geal winner for the WBA & IBF belts. I really think Cotto moving up to Middleweight for a title shot is serious talks now. If I was him or his manager I'd tell him to try it. The size difference for Cotto would be a built in excuse if he came up short in one of these fights.
                I'll make it as brief as possible:

NDam drops WBA interim for purse bid no show against regular champ GG
                NDam, with 0 WBO sanctioned bouts, offers fight to Pirog in Equatorial Guinea for april
                Pirog passes, will be ready to defend may 1 against HNN or whoever is mandatory
                NDam cant wait, has a stadium waiting in Equatorial Guinea. Will fight WBO no 2 for interim belt
                Pirog defends may 1st, NDam wins interim belt vs Bursak 3 days later, in France

Now NDam, having set on his WBA interim belt until forced out, wants an immediate shot at the champ. Conveniently when Pirog had announced that HBO August date way back, and is willing to give up the belt.

Comment

Here comes this idiot.
                  People don't understand a catchweight is a compromise.

They automatically assume the smaller guy is trying to drain the bigger opponent...

Comment

I really hope he doesn't go through with it. There are plenty of names in the 154 division. I understand he wants to make history, but it will be almost as lame as Pacquiao's 8th weight division title.

Comment

Cotto is looking to make history and become the first Puerto Rican boxer ever to win titles in 4 different weight classes. This fight is being consider by Cotto's camp and it would probably be a catchweight of 156. Who is this french dude? what does he bring? Is he a big Midleweight?
                      He's an athletic fighter with good speed and power but lacks fundamentals, sort of like a 160lbs Jean Pascal. Chin is not very sturdy but Cotto's power hasn't been a factor since he left 147. Cotto could get iced in this fight.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

That midget is built like a tank and is a career middleweight with a great chin, Cotto got hurt by a blown up welterweight in his last fight. Not saying he would lose but it's a dangerous fight for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X