No announcement yet.

Kessler Talks Big - Punks Out Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Kess was garbage with a padded record before the super six and hes garbage after. Nothing unexpected for me
    Well he beat Froch, Andrade, Green, Mundine and has only lost to Calzaghe and Ward. So if he's garbage, then so is the guys he's beaten, and Ward and Calzaghe's win over him mean nothing. I would call Kessler an A- fighter. He can beat other fighters at his level and below, but fails against A class fighters. There is no shame in that at all, it means he is a top fighter and one of the best, but not THEE best. I think only Ward and Dirrell beat him. Kessler beats Froch, Bute, Abraham, Pavlik and he brutally knocks out Stevenson.

At 175 probably Dawson, and Hopkins beat him but I would have Kessler beating Pascal in a close one, and he beats Cloud, Cleverly, Bellew. Campillo may give him a tough, close fight that could go either way. Campillo can do that against anyone though, even Ward, Hopkins, Dirrell and Dawson. He is an underrated fighter who you could argue that he should only have 1 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Kessler vs Abraham is a good fight and a fight I wanted to see back in the Super 6 that never happened. Actually while watching Kessler-Magee I was wondering how Kessler vs Abraham would play out. So if this fight happens i'd be happy.

168 owes us several fights and this is one of them. Also Ward vs Dirrell, Kessler vs Dirrell, Ward vs Bute, Bute vs Kessler, Abraham vs Bute, Dirrell-Bute. I'd like to see all of these match ups, or at least as many of these as possible, before these fighters become worn out or way past prime. Bute is obviously the king of not fighting the top guys, followed by Dirrell but at least he fought undefeated Abraham and undefeated Froch so he gets props for that.

Also, I would like to see Froch, Kessler, and Dirrell fight Sakio Bika.
      Please take Abraham out of the loop. Kesseler and Dirrel should fight next. The loser quits boxing or atleast campaigns at another weight class for good.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Please take Abraham out of the loop. Kesseler and Dirrel should fight next. The loser quits boxing or atleast campaigns at another weight class for good.
        Whether you or any one likes it or not, Abraham is relevant because he's put up a decent win streak and is holding a major title. Abraham is also a top 5 SMW and Kessler is also in the top 5. This fight is legit and I would love to see it.

Comment

Why not Kessler vs. Bute? That would be more competitive.

Comment

i dont see kessler or froch beating ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              First he said he wanted Ward - Never made an offer

Then he says he wants Froch and is willing to travel - Punks out again

Would rather sit in Denmark fighting bums and pretending he wants fights he has no intention of taking.

Sauerland-Kessler-Abraham - The holy trinity of milking alphabet titles for all they are worth.

Froch vs. Stevenson.... yawn.... but Stevenson is 10x better than whoever Mikkel "The King Of Excuses" Kessler will fight next.
              Well, he has already fought the top two guys, Froch and Ward in his hometown, beating one and losing to the other. I'm not really sure that qualifies as 'punking out'.

In fact, if 'punking out' is fighting the three top SMW's of the last decade or more, Calzaghe, Froch and Ward, then it would honestly be great if more top fighters 'punked out'.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Is Kessler-Abraham such a bad fight? It looks like Froch is tied up with his mando & Wards sidelined with an injury. Both AA & Kessler are big names in Europe so this fight would do good business. Abraham's a durable and credible opponent that will test the Viking Warrior....
                Yep, he's one of Ward, Froch and Direll's major wins, but Kessler fighting him is punking out.

Kessler won that fight fair and square. Froch is the one with a hometown decision over Dirrell.
                History is slowly being revised with that win. It was a close but clear decision win for Kessler, that nearly everyone agreed with at the time, bar a few, but now because of Froch's growing popularity people are starting to pretend as if Froch won it. It was a solid, clear win for Kessler.

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Kess was garbage with a padded record before the super six and hes garbage after. Nothing unexpected for me
                Before it? He'd fought everyone, most of the other champions, including the top SMW of the last decade. There was genuinely no one left to fight by the time he got to Calzaghe.

I don't get what the problem is here. The guy has fought literally every single top fighter at SMW for the last era. What the hell is everyone on about?

He's fought Calzaghe, Froch, Ward, and is now fighting what most, at least until this fight it seems, thought of as the other main guy at 160/168 in Abraham who just beat Stieglitz for the title.

There is nothing more Kessler could have done. Nothing. Rematch Froch? Rematch Ward? The only thing people are *****ing about is that he should be fighting guys he's already fought more.

Comment

Not up to speed on this one so can someone tell me why Kessler is getting the blame if the fight with Froch doesn't happen?

Comment

Whether you or any one likes it or not, Abraham is relevant because he's put up a decent win streak and is holding a major title. Abraham is also a top 5 SMW and Kessler is also in the top 5. This fight is legit and I would love to see it.
                    Do you really think AA is in the same league with these guys right now? Who has he even got a 50/50 shot against out of the three? I didn't see the fight with Steigltz but I'll watch it and get back to you. I'm just not interested in seeing him curled up taking punches to survive the last half of a fight. Its sad. That's my last memory of him.

Comment

No. AA is not in the same league with these guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X