Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Alvarado in talks to face Judah on September 15th undercard of Chavez/Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I remember saying that Maidana would be a very difficult fight for Judah, and it would prove to us if he's actually a changed fighter. Well...I'm starting to think that Alvarado would provide an even tougher challenge. THIS is the fight that will tell us what Zab has left.
    Yea and one win or lose might truly be it for Zab..Alvarado is not a joke..Unless Judah puts his lights out early he is gonna have to go some rds with this guy all over him..With the wars and beating Judah has taken throughout his career,this might push him over the edge...

Comment

is judah gonna be with sweet pea for this fight or is he gonna go back to his dad as his trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        I thought it was Marquez who turned down the fight?
        Press release said Judah outrpriced himself. But there's two sides to every story. Top Rank probably wanted Judah to fight for Gesta or Fedchenko money and Judah wouldn't accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          is judah gonna be with sweet pea for this fight or is he gonna go back to his dad as his trainer?
          Nah he dropped Pea after the Khan fight. His uncle trains him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Yea and one win or lose might truly be it for Zab..Alvarado is not a joke..Unless Judah puts his lights out early he is gonna have to go some rds with this guy all over him..With the wars and beating Judah has taken throughout his career,this might push him over the edge...
            Zab is gonna have to WORK that southpaw jab like his life depends on it, and try to throw every punch with purpose and conviction. The fight will be difficult, but there's things that Zab can do to make it easier on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Nah he dropped Pea after the Khan fight. His uncle trains him now.
              I think it was a bad move to drop Sweetpea..It was only one fight,they needed to get some more chemistry together..But for Zab,I thought it to be the perfect style if he could have really learned it..But you have to have a strong mental game to pull it off..But if he kept working on it,he might have got it..

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                This is a solid fight. I got alvarado by stoppage late. So it looks like both golden boy and top rank are stacking their cards. This is absolutely ******ed that these fights are taking place on the same night. Only the sport of boxing would do something this stupid.
                That's what I'm saying! And some dumb ass posters here think we should be happy about that LOL. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  That's what I'm saying! And some dumb ass posters here think we should be happy about that LOL. SMDH
                  Respectfully, I think the competition is a good thing. The ppv now will have better undercard fights which means more for your dollar. The showtime card will have better undercard fights to make up for the travesty that is Canelo v Lopez.

I understand the point about not being able to see both but thats not really a big deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    He already beat Prescott what is the point of fighting Judah~

LOL, I could not resist~
                    Was hoping you'd be here..... Betting on Judah??? Alvarado is the type of fighter Judah should run through right???

Comment

I was told by TR that the card is split into

The Main Event
                      A TR fight (Rigo vs Marroquin)
                      A DBE fight (Macklin vs Alcine)
                      and a dual card fight with a TR guy facing a DBE guy

so while I know TR is looking to put Alvarado on the card I don't see it being Judah as he is with Main Events and probably looking at something bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X