No announcement yet.

My personal take on religion and beliefs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    When my grandmother passed away in 2004, I realized the importance of having a belief, or even lack of one. I knew people who have died, but never a family member that I was close to.
    I truly feel for you there, she's good trust me on that. and:

Losing a loved one has the capacity to completely warp and twist the mind..............the depression that ensues is far too great for some people to handle so they either press on, turn to a religion, turn their back on one yes, or they completely lose their marbles.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

wow...... ive taken 2 red k's for this thread, from posters who havent even posted in this thread.

i wonder why? lol

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
        no, because i believe in spirits, and if you wanna think in scientific terms, energy never dies, it jus goes somewhere else, same with electric energy, so why would human energy be the only energy that dies?
        Energy never dies does not = you retaining your current consciousness & memeory after death.

How do you know that under your - "I believe in spirits, energy never dies, it just goes somewhere else" - belief system, you and your energy didn't already come from somewhere else, and born on earth? You just don't know it because who you are today is a result of your parents teaching your the basics (language, reading, writing) and you filling in the blanks yourself, such as experiencing things and your personality growing as you kept getting older.

How do you know that earth is your origin?

Again, if Energy never dies, it doesn't mean that your personality, your consciousness and your current memory won't die. Unless you're ready to commit to Religion based fairytales of angels, demons etc,. But you already said that it's mad made to make us feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
          Agreed. I used be like that for a while but not anymore. Condescending religious people used to piss me off and I had to get my digs in and respond to them in the same condescending way.

But i've realized that it's pointless. There are agressive Atheists out there who get their rocks off, making fun of and debating Religion against believers but it's not for me.

You're never gonna get rid of Religion as long as Human beings can think and you're not gonna get rid of non-believers either. The best thing would be that all would just realize that it's best to keep your personal beliefs In-House, behind closed doors. And not flaunt your Religion or Atheism in public.

Everybody should just keep their mouth shut about faith, unless they have some new factual evidence towards their position. In my opinion but everybody's got their own way of killing time.
          I found the best way to live is by tolerance. I have religious and atheist friends, and many who are agnostic like myself. I keep my mouth shut usually as this is such a touchy subject and I don't want to offend anyone.

Like you said, it's pointless. People will always argue, because they know for a fact that if you don't believe in what they do, you're just completely wrong.

There will always believers and non-believers. I have been on both sides of the spectrum and I know you really can not win.

my boy blaze.

gr8 post, ill green k you when i can again,

i agree with alot of it man.

as i got older i stopped questioning things like after life, because i jus figured the truth.... that knowbody living knows what happens when you die.
          That's true abut afterlife. No one has ever been there and back to tell me what it was like. That's a very simple way of looking at it, but it's very true. It's good to take a simple approach sometimes, considering how complex and sensitive this subject can be.

Comment

but like i said man, i aint bashin knowones thoughts, i mean, knowbody has the answer, we can jus wonder ya know, im liking the discussion tho.

And I'm not trying to attack you or your beliefs.

I didn't plan on discussing afterlife, Religion today but you did create this topic for discussion, soooo.

Comment

wow...... ive taken 2 red k's for this thread, from posters who havent even posted in this thread.

i wonder why? lol
              LOL. I bet you one is a Christian and the other is an Atheist.

Comment

Energy never dies does not = you retaining your current consciousness & memeory after death.

How do you know that under your - "I believe in spirits, energy never dies, it just goes somewhere else" - belief system, you and your energy didn't already come from somewhere else, and born on earth? You just don't know it because who you are today is a result of your parents teaching your the basics (language, reading, writing) and you filling in the blanks yourself, such as experiencing things and your personality growing as you kept getting older.

How do you know that earth is your origin?

Again, if Energy never dies, it doesn't mean that your personality, your consciousness and your current memory won't die. Unless you're ready to commit to Religion based fairytales of angels, demons etc,. But you already said that it's mad made to make us feel better.
                your post kinda confused me, but i think i got the jist of it.

im not saying you'll retain your personality, but i jus think you energy goes somewhere else.

but like i said, and you said, i may jus think this because of of expierences and my personality.

its all things to wonder about

Comment

your post kinda confused me, but i think i got the jist of it.

im not saying you'll retain your personality, but i jus think you energy goes somewhere else.

but like i said, and you said, i may jus think this because of of expierences and my personality.

its all things to wonder about
                  It does go somewhere else, but that energy was there before we were born (as energy cannot be created either) so I expect death to be no different.

Comment

You call it paranormal, I call it reality at times. I don't see how we as humans can fear what we don't know..........in such frequency.

I believe in spirits, I believe in their power, and I believe in craft. Label me an ignoramus or other because of my lack of orthodox stance regarding religion in most cases........I believe in a broad range of facets that contribute directly to the makeup of all spirituality.

I just do not believe in malevolent spirits, because they can be easily done in quickly. By not believing.

I wear a Rosary underneath my tank top. I'm not a Christian.

I just want the power that Jesus had because if I don't get it from somewhere, I'd lose my grip on reality in most cases and just wig out totally.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

That's true abut afterlife. No one has ever been there and back to tell me what it was like. That's a very simple way of looking at it, but it's very true. It's good to take a simple approach sometimes, considering how complex and sensitive this subject can be.
                      it also gives me gr8 peace of mind to think in in that way

And I'm not trying to attack you or your beliefs.

I didn't plan on discussing afterlife, Religion today but you did create this topic for discussion, soooo.
                      its all good, im liking the conversation, i green k'd you a few posts back for disagreeing with me, i enjoy the convo

LOL. I bet you one is a Christian and the other is an Atheist.
                      more then likely

Comment

Working...
                      X