No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anselmo Moreno Ready To Join Panama's Elite Stars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anselmo Moreno Ready To Join Panama's Elite Stars

Many boxing fans recognize Anselmo Moreno as among the best bantamweights in the world. The problem he faces thus far, however, is that not many fans outside of his native Panama would recognize him if they saw him in the street.

The long-reigning bantamweight titlist gets an overdue public profile upgrade this weekend, when he takes on former two-division champion Vic Darchinyan. The bout is perfectly placed as the co-feature to the hotly anticipated rematch to the Showtime Bantamweight finals between Abner Mares and Joseph Agbeko.

Both bouts air on Showtime, live from the Honda Center in Anaheim (9PM ET/PT). [Click Here To Read More]

Sorry Moreno, but your style is not one that will ever attract fans.

Comment

who do you guys think will win between darchinyan and moreno?

i can't believe they are throwing moreno in wtih darchinyan for his debut! Darchinyan is NOT a shot fighter. . .

who do you favor? i honestly tihnk darchinyan will pul this out. . .
      no, no. . .wait. . im not sure! more research will be conducted before my final conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
        who do you guys think will win between darchinyan and moreno?

i can't believe they are throwing moreno in wtih darchinyan for his debut! Darchinyan is NOT a shot fighter. . .

who do you favor? i honestly tihnk darchinyan will pul this out. . .
        no, no. . .wait. . im not sure! more research will be conducted before my final conclusion.
        It's a heck of a matchup, isn't it?

Vic has become the proverbial cockroach. Was written off after the Donaire debacle, comes back a year later to destroy Mijares. Reverts to old habits against Agbeko and Mares... then comes back to win big against Perez, perhaps even ruining him in the process.

Huge test for Moreno, and honestly not a style that Vic hasn't already conquered.

Comment

Moreno is too good a boxer though, and Darchinyan will too often fall into that trap of looking for the one big left hand, which I don't see Moreno ever getting caught seriously by. I was thinking Vic earlier, but watching a few Moreno fights again made me switch.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
            It's a heck of a matchup, isn't it?

Vic has become the proverbial cockroach. Was written off after the Donaire debacle, comes back a year later to destroy Mijares. Reverts to old habits against Agbeko and Mares... then comes back to win big against Perez, perhaps even ruining him in the process.

Huge test for Moreno, and honestly not a style that Vic hasn't already conquered.
            it is! i almost forgot about this fight, and the agbeko/mares rematch after being caught up in the cotto/margarito buzz. . .

yeah i was surprised he beat down perez in such a one-sided fashion. the one thing about moreno that ive just noticed on paper is he only has 11 ko's. . . while that could be more of an indication of his preference to box, it could also mean he lacks a big punch. . .

damn i can't wait till saturday

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Moreno is too good a boxer though, and Darchinyan will too often fall into that trap of looking for the one big left hand, which I don't see Moreno ever getting caught seriously by. I was thinking Vic earlier, but watching a few Moreno fights again made me switch.
              haven't got to his fights yet, but been looking at him on paper, nad i see where he has RAZOR thin decisions over cermeno. . . and one razor thin, and another close decision win over volodymyr sidorenko. . . i am going to watch these fights. . . sidorenko is a VERY underrated boxer after he was stopped by Donaire. . .

Comment

Any body know the odds for this fight?

Comment

haven't got to his fights yet, but been looking at him on paper, nad i see where he has RAZOR thin decisions over cermeno. . . and one razor thin, and another close decision win over volodymyr sidorenko. . . i am going to watch these fights. . . sidorenko is a VERY underrated boxer after he was stopped by Donaire. . .
                  The Sidorenko fight was not that close.

Comment

The fights with Sidorenko were not close, They were in Germany. and Cermeno is not a good yardstick, as Cermeno lives and trains in panama, and is Chemito's stable mate. they know each other inside and out, and no matter how many times they may fight, it will always be close.

Comment

Working...
                    X