No announcement yet.

Tua sends Cameron compassion text

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tua sends Cameron compassion text

There was no mercy in the ring but the David Tua camp has shown plenty of compassion towards defeated rival Shane Cameron after their heavyweight boxing showdown in Hamilton last weekend.

The latest display came in a text message that Tua's wife, Robina, sent on Tuesday..

"It was just a text of support from David and Robina," Cameron said.

"They said they respect me highly and they wish me all the best and hope I keep going and stay in the fight game. No hard feelings, basically."

He texted back to say there were no hard feelings on his part and he thanked them for their support.

While the fighters traded verbal blows in the build-up, Cameron said it was all part of the boxing and he described Tua as "a tremendous man and a tremendous champion".

"When the fight's done, all the trash talk is done," he said.
    Advertisement

"He was victorious and he was very sportsmanlike, definitely. I totally respect what he has done. Hopefully he can go and do the business and fight for the world title."

After the bout, which was stopped early in the second round, Tua kissed a groggy Cameron on the forehead as the latter sat on a stool in his corner.

He also talked up Cameron's prospects of a comeback.

Cameron said he wanted to thank the many people who had sent him messages of support.

"The messages I've received after the fight were tremendous," he said.

"That was important for me moving forward."

He said he had not underestimated Tua, but the determination in his opponent's eyes during the bout was there for all to see.

Cameron's manager, Ken Reinsfield, said Tua looked hungry and like his old self.

"He's been through some hard times and he's back training in Otahuhu -- he's not living in the penthouse apartment anymore," he said.

"He was a hungry, hungry fighter and he fought like that."

Reinsfield said United States-based matchmaker Samson Lewkawic, who was at ringside, believed no one would have been able to stand up to Tua in the form he showed last Saturday night.

Tua deserves another crack at a champion, maybe Valuev after he destroys Haye?

Comment

would that be the tallest heavyweight vs the shortest heavyweight ?

david vs goliath

Comment

Tua

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

tua should do what foreman did. fight every month

Comment

Tuamernator baby!

Comment

awwwww...what a nice guy....i heard they exchanged facebook pages too

Comment

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post

tua should do what foreman did. fight every month
                good luck trying to find 12 guys a year to fight tua.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post
                  There was no mercy in the ring but the David Tua camp has shown plenty of compassion towards defeated rival Shane Cameron after their heavyweight boxing showdown in Hamilton last weekend.

The latest display came in a text message that Tua's wife, Robina, sent on Tuesday..

"It was just a text of support from David and Robina," Cameron said.

"They said they respect me highly and they wish me all the best and hope I keep going and stay in the fight game. No hard feelings, basically."

He texted back to say there were no hard feelings on his part and he thanked them for their support.

While the fighters traded verbal blows in the build-up, Cameron said it was all part of the boxing and he described Tua as "a tremendous man and a tremendous champion".

"When the fight's done, all the trash talk is done," he said.
                  Advertisement

"He was victorious and he was very sportsmanlike, definitely. I totally respect what he has done. Hopefully he can go and do the business and fight for the world title."

After the bout, which was stopped early in the second round, Tua kissed a groggy Cameron on the forehead as the latter sat on a stool in his corner.

He also talked up Cameron's prospects of a comeback.

Cameron said he wanted to thank the many people who had sent him messages of support.

"The messages I've received after the fight were tremendous," he said.

"That was important for me moving forward."

He said he had not underestimated Tua, but the determination in his opponent's eyes during the bout was there for all to see.

Cameron's manager, Ken Reinsfield, said Tua looked hungry and like his old self.

"He's been through some hard times and he's back training in Otahuhu -- he's not living in the penthouse apartment anymore," he said.

"He was a hungry, hungry fighter and he fought like that."

Reinsfield said United States-based matchmaker Samson Lewkawic, who was at ringside, believed no one would have been able to stand up to Tua in the form he showed last Saturday night.
                  A true stand up move in his part.....Tua is legit as a fighter and apparently is a cool as dude too....good ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    awwwww...what a nice guy....i heard they exchanged facebook pages too
                    add me as your friend on facebook.

edmendoza69rainbow@aim.com

Comment

Working...
                    X