Bernard Hopkins: All Time Great...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tito View Post
    i hate milk dud so much.........

you know i watched the hopkins-tarver fight to root for HOPKINS!!?!?!?

you know if i'm rooting for hopkins , something's up.
    Fucking hell.

You must really hate him..

Comment

yes.........

Comment

People who deny his legacy seem to be people who just don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          Fucking hell.

You must really hate him..
          roy.

there's always a reason to my hate.

tarver=roy

hopkins=tito , oscar , winky AND roy (but he didn't beat roy so i hate tarver and goddamn montell griffin more)

vargas=winky , oscar

forrest=shane

Comment

De La Hoya, Trinidad, Wright, Pavlik.. ALL had to move up to fight him.
            He's lost to Taylor (twice), Calzaghe, Roy Jones.
            Allan, Joppy, Eastman, and Johnson I give him credit for.

But the first four?? that's like giving De La Hoya credit for fighting lightweights in this day and age.
            I guarantee if De La Hoya wins against Manny they wont give him as much credit as they did Hopkins for barely beating a blown up Winky Wright or such.

Comment

I voted YES.He hasn't only beaten smaller fighter's but I will say he seem's to perform at his best and most comfortable against fighters that moved up in weight.

Comment

Yes of course, no dout!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  De La Hoya, Trinidad, Wright, Pavlik.. ALL had to move up to fight him.
                  He's lost to Taylor (twice), Calzaghe, Roy Jones.
                  Allan, Joppy, Eastman, and Johnson I give him credit for.

But the first four?? that's like giving De La Hoya credit for fighting lightweights in this day and age.
                  I guarantee if De La Hoya wins against Manny they wont give him as much credit as they did Hopkins for barely beating a blown up Winky Wright or such.
                  so hopkins to you is not an all time great? even after saturday's dominance of a p4p 26 yr. old at the age of 43?

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                    so hopkins to you is not an all time great? even after saturday's dominance of a p4p 26 yr. old at the age of 43?
                    Hall of Famer.. yes. All time great as in Sugar Ray Robinson Muhammad Ali, Henry Armstrong, Joe Louis, Willie Pep, Roberto Duran, Benny Leonard, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Sam Langford? Hell no.. They fought people their size. Sometimes bigger.
                    Hopkins biggest wins are against smaller opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      Hall of Famer.. yes. All time great as in Sugar Ray Robinson Muhammad Ali, Henry Armstrong, Joe Louis, Willie Pep, Roberto Duran, Benny Leonard, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Sam Langford? Hell no.. They fought people their size. Sometimes bigger.
                      Hopkins biggest wins are against smaller opponents.
                      since when the size of a fighter everything? I think the argument could be made that Winky was still effective at 170, he almost won in fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X