No announcement yet.

Darren Barker is not a fighting man.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Barker is not a fighting man.

Yesterday on the gloves are off, you could tell he had ZERO desire and i strongly get the impression that he really doesn't give a **** about boxing. I give him credit for beating Geale, but he kind of lucked out.

He may be able to edge past Sturm, but i seriously doubt he will be World champion this time next year (unless they feed him Sainsbury's checkout operators)

I know all this makes me sound like i think i'm a mind reader, but it seems he has accomplished all his boxing goals by becoming champion. His eye is off the ball and all he cares about now is cashing out (he even admitted this).

His heart isn't in the game and he will retire after his next loss.
    Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 11-13-2013, 03:03 PM.

He's a refreshing change to the wife beaters, jail birds and thugs that litter boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      He may be able to edge past Sturm, but i seriously doubt he will be World champion this time next year (unless they feed him Sainsbury's checkout operators)
      I think he'll lose to Sturm in a close bout that will have people screaming robbery (because that's what people do in close fights).

Best of luck to the lad. Even though he's a Chelsea fan I wish him well.

Comment

Did you miss that part where he said he really wanted to box Murray? :|

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
          Did you miss that part where he said he really wanted to box Murray? :|
          I think i did.

He said he was open to the fight.

Come on mate it was obvious, he wouldn't even rank the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            I think i did.

He said he was open to the fight.

Come on mate it was obvious, he wouldn't even rank the fighters.
            See I thought that was more a respect thing, admittedly I only half paid attention to it.

Comment

You're just saying he's not interested because he wasn't boasting about himself being world champion or being arrogant and not wanting to rank the other fighters out of respect,but he can sit back and be a bit cooler than usual cause he's achieved the goal that everyone around that table wants, I think he's just a nice guy and not you're average boxer type who gloats about himself, and you took that as him not being a fighting man, that's all wrong in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                I think he'll lose to Sturm in a close bout that will have people screaming robbery (because that's what people do in close fights).

Best of luck to the lad. Even though he's a Chelsea fan I wish him well.
                he will lose but there is an automatic rematch clause set for London, which he will then win

he also said he is now boxing purely for the money which is what ol mucka eddie hearn will be plying him with

Comment

Originally posted by weltercelt View Post
                  he will lose butthere is an automatic rematch clause set for London, which he will then win

he also said he is now boxing purely for the money which is what ol mucka eddie hearn will be plying him with
                  What does that really mean? Why would sturm go to London after if he flat out refused to go now?

Why does no one pick up on this

Comment

I really like Barker, I didn't think he'd beat Geale butall credit to him.
                    I'd say don't judge others by your own standards or those you set for others.
                    Read up on how he tried to help out someone who was getting beat up.
                    He was hospitalised in this incident.He has also lost his brother.
                    All in he doesn't have anything to prove to me.
                    If he wants to make as much money and retire that's fine by me.
                    He is a humble guy who has achieved something of worth

Comment

Working...
                    X