No announcement yet.

Johnny Depp or Robert Downey Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
    Depp, quite easily too. Much more versatile as a actor & his filmography shits on Downey Jr's.

I'm surprised he hasn't won an Oscar yet.
    This right here..

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
      Never understood the Depp hype.

I like fear and loathing tho.
      He's incredibly overrated. Mostly by chicks from the 90s and young girls who are suffering from an electra complex.

He's not done anything even remotely watchable since 'Public Enemies', and that was only compelling due to Dillinger himself being a fantastic character study. The film itself was a letdown, as it never once managed to be anywhere near as riveting as Dillinger himself was.

Still, he's better than Robert Downey Jr.

Comment

Danny Trejo.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
          As your attorney I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle....

Great book, great movie. Depp really pulled it off.
          Ahhh, the adrenochrome scene. One of the best scenes of that film in my opinion. IDK, to me that film was filled with outstanding scenes, but when he goes and curls up in that bed while the stuff kicks in...wild, wild stuff, man. I tried to find the clip but all they had on youtube was where he ingests it.

Comment

I wouldn't shag either of em.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Depp is trying out his fake Brit accent whilst living in France.

Tony Stark for the win.
              Not to mention Depp is from Kentucky...he's a complete fake.

Comment

Depp. Downey is a solid actor, has turned in some good performances and some real funny ones (Tropic Thunder). But by and large, Depp has a deeper resume and has been in the better films. He's much more versatile. Depp still has a long career left, has chances to enhance his legacy.

On a side note....I feel Iron Man 3 was overrated, just like Avengers. Avengers was basically just one big action flick with a ton of corny one liners, and the whole "Team Up" super hero stuff just doesn't work well for me in that film. It was still decent in my opinon though, I could watch it.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Man 3, I know Guy Pearce was the "real" Mandarin, but the fact that that they built up Kingsley as the all mighty Mandarin, only to be a fake....let me down. Too many corny one liners, but still a decent film. I'd give it a B-.

Comment

depp has more interesting movies.

Comment

The only real memorable role, imo, for Downey Jr. was the first Iron Man. Though, Depp is a bit overrated, his performances in Blow, Donnie Brasco, and Ed Wood give him the nod.

That said, Sweeney Todd was the longest 2 hrs of my life. I'd rather be waterboarded than watch that again.

Comment

The Avengers

Comment

Working...
                      X