No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Cameron Flattens Monte Barrett In Four Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane Cameron Flattens Monte Barrett In Four Rounds

By Jake Donovan - Shane Cameron scored the biggest win of his career with a frightening 4th round knockout of Monte Barrett on Thursday in his hometown of Auckland, New Zealand. A right hand put Barrett down and out early the fourth round of their scheduled 12-round heavyweight main event. [Click Here To Read More]

as i said last week & no one listened to me that shane cameron could be in line for a title shot if he beat monte barrett. he now has 2 WBO regional belts placing him in the top 10 in the WBO. david tua was #3 at one point, barrett was #7 or 8 i believe & now cameron will most likely be in the WBO #5-10... he is now in the mix for a shot at wladimir klitschko. he could get a pretty big crowd to come out & watch him in australia or newzealand. i am not surprised. when tua destroyed him that was a few years ago. david haye said he will beat barrett after sparring with him for 3 weeks.

Comment

so tua is not retired & i bet he will be looking to get his belts back from cameron. monte barrett obviously was looking past shane cameron for bigger & better things. both tua & haye predicted cameron to win.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BrGfuCd-LI

Its about 28 seconds into the clip.

Massive right hand, perfectly timed by Cameron.

Comment

Never cared for this fight as Barrett is long shot. Great KO but I hate Cameron's guts.

He needs to fight someone rated high now. If he wins and in great fashion, Wladimir should have a look.

Fresh meat.

Comment

I bet Cameron at 2-1! Barrett acted like an ass during build up of the fight -- God has a way of humbling a-holes.

Comment

Apollo Creed

Just watched the KO and the way they held Barrett in the middle of the ring reminds me of when Apollo Creed was being held by Rocco. Pretty scary stuff. Barrett needs to call it a career.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mb11 View Post
                I bet Cameron at 2-1! Barrett acted like an ass during build up of the fight -- God has a way of humbling a-holes.
                You're right, that's why Cameron got KTFO by Tua... he acted like a total prick in the build up to that fight and Tua turned him into his girlfriend. Cameron was on his knees ready to suck sausage that night. What a wonderful result that was.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  as i said last week & no one listened to me that shane cameron could be in line for a title shot if he beat monte barrett. he now has 2 WBO regional belts placing him in the top 10 in the WBO. david tua was #3 at one point, barrett was #7 or 8 i believe & now cameron will most likely be in the WBO #5-10... he is now in the mix for a shot at wladimir klitschko. he could get a pretty big crowd to come out & watch him in australia or newzealand. i am not surprised. when tua destroyed him that was a few years ago. david haye said he will beat barrett after sparring with him for 3 weeks.
                  Easily his best win, which speaks volumes for how far he can go.

Cameron won't ever get a big crowd in NZ or Aussie. The country (NZ) as a whole doesn't care about boxing and most wouldn't have even heard the name Shane Cameron, let alone be interested in buying a ticket.

As for a fight in Aussie....it's not exactly next door to NZ bro, the limited audience he has isn't going to fly 1000 miles to watch him, and the aussie public aren't going to flock to see a kiwi fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
                    Easily his best win, which speaks volumes for how far he can go.

Cameron won't ever get a big crowd in NZ or Aussie. The country (NZ) as a whole doesn't care about boxing and most wouldn't have even heard the name Shane Cameron, let alone be interested in buying a ticket.

As for a fight in Aussie....it's not exactly next door to NZ bro, the limited audience he has isn't going to fly 1000 miles to watch him, and the aussie public aren't going to flock to see a kiwi fighter.
                    you would know because you are from the region but if i do recall he got $250000-500000 to fight tua & i don't see why another good payday wouldn't be coming his way with those 2 regional belts especially a rematch with tua. if they can put 5000 in a decent arena it could be an exciting event. his belts are not world titles but they are important regional belts with guys like meehan, tua, leapai, welliver waiting in the wings for shots at him...

Comment

Working...
                    X