No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's sustained injuries in the Margarito fight,ribs probably broken

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    what I was told by Ariza and one other guy was that Manny is indeed very sore from the Margarito fight and that they haven't seen Manny this banged up to the body ever.

to me him standing up after the assault Tony did to his body is even more of a testament to how bad ass Manny is
    That...was incredible. Particularly after the left uppercut, right uppercut combo. Goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
      Manny Pacquiao didn't walk away unscathed from that championship bout after all -- his people say he's laid up in bed with injuries to his ribs and wrist

Manny's reps just showed up at our office and told us Manny is being seen by a doctor right now at his home in L.A. ... to determine if he fractured any bones during the fight with Antonio Margarito.

Manny's camp says that's why he couldn't make it for today's TMZ Live ... as scheduled.

One person connected with Manny tells us he was in bed this morning in pain, laying in a fetal position.
      you know someone connected with Manny? names pls...

Comment

Pacquiao is damaged goods. Fight with Floyd will never happen. I've always thought about this. Things can happen anytime, even something not related to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          what I was told by Ariza and one other guy was that Manny is indeed very sore from the Margarito fight and that they haven't seen Manny this banged up to the body ever.

to me him standing up after the assault Tony did to his body is even more of a testament to how bad ass Manny is
          This.

If he had sustained this injury during the 6th round and managed to survive 6 more rounds after, then that is truly what I call a warrior. I hope he can still make it to Lopez Tonight talkshow.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            That...was incredible. Particularly after the left uppercut, right uppercut combo. Goodness.
            That is pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              This.

If he had sustained this injury during the 6th round and managed to survive 6 more rounds after, then that is truly what I call a warrior. I hope he can still make it to Lopez Tonight talkshow.
              they mentioned another body shot prior (I think the 3rd) where Manny kind of grunted then the uppercut combo Tony landed stunned Manny too

but again it's amazing to me that instead of going into a shell when hurt a guy like Manny fires back harder

amazing stuff to be honest

Comment

Nah, I have had busted ribs in the ring. Guys in my gym are 20-40 ilbs heavier, so I have had my fair share, which has nulled many fights for me, but he would have been able to continue if they re broken. Not highly recommended, but its possible. I have never stopped on account, but the next day and a week or so following is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  Pacquiao is damaged goods. Fight with Floyd will never happen. I've always thought about this. Things can happen anytime, even something not related to boxing.
                  I don't think he was beat to the head enough to be worried about him being damaged goods. It sounds like he was mostly hurt to the body and he can recover from that 100% in time. Lets hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    That is pretty crazy.
                    Dude, you've got to watch it in HD, slo-mo. Crunching punches square on his jaw.

Comment

How is Manny damaged goods? I don`t believe his preparation was thorough for this fight but the Manny which steps into the ring with PBF will be ready for sure, not that the fight will happen, Floyd ducked Margo and retired rather than face Cotto. His 0 means nothing now..

Comment

Working...
                      X