Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Hopes Canelo Can Win, But Has Doubts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Chavez Sr knocks Pacquiao out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Ain't Chavez Sr been spouting nonsense about Canelo for close to 4 years now? I guess because Jr isn't getting the same love at Televisa that Alvarez gets.

Because he isn't a mindless fool blinded by nationalism? He said nothing at all derogatory about Alvarez here and is merely predicting what the vast majority of boxing fans think will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Canelo's not stupid enough to try to outmuscle or outwork Mayweather. I don't know why so many people still think that that's the key to beating him just because Castillo did it well in their first fight against an injured Floyd.

De La Hoya won 16 rounds out of the collective 36 judged rounds against Mayweather boxing intelligently. I imagine Canelo is going to try to do the same but with more efficiency down the stretch. That is the intelligent thing for Alvarez to do in this fight.
        I agree. The very idea of trying to box with Mayweather is risky for obvious reasons but you really have to be smart in there with him. Attacking him from the get-go to try go get him out of there is not going to work - and when it doesn't, it's going to lead Saul to be fatigued for the rest of the fight.

Canelo said something very interesting I thought, about how he doesn't care if it's a good fight, he just wants the win (can you imagine Hatton/Ortiz/Guerrero saying that?) That comment makes me think he's gonna try to put the onus on Floyd much more than he is used to. Even JMM, for all his smarts, got suckered into leading in his fight with Floyd. Canelo is not going to try to force the fight, he has no pressure on him to entertain, and you just wonder when the boos are cascading down after they've been posing and feinting for a couple of rounds, whether Mayweather might feel pressured into coming forward.

I think they're going to try to counter Floyd, even when he's on the backfoot (he gets off first alot even then anyway). Ultimately, it's going to be a mix of counter-punching and pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight is stinky.

Comment

Canelo has every advantage he has YOUTH & ENERGY & STRENGTH !!!!!

I think Floyds defence will play a major part in how this fight goes if Canelo is not able to land early it will be interesting to see how he reacts...Saying that id like to see Floyd taken down a peg or ten !!!

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            I agree with Sr. I don't feel Canelo is going to assert himself nearly enough to give himself a chance of winning. He's made references to this being a "chess match" and crap like that. BIG mistake thinking that way. Floyd knows Canelo isn't capable of consistently pressing him. Thus tomorrow.
            Yes, agree 100%. I just wonder if Canelo has the stamina to press for very long. This may sound dumb, but I think Canelo should plan a 4-round fight strategy. Go balls to the wall for 4 rounds and see what happens. If he lets Floyd warm up and get comfortable, then Floyd is going to do what he always does.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
              Prime Chavez Sr knocks Pacquiao out cold.
              Agree, but what a hellacious fight that would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Jago1986 View Post
                A prime Chavez would give Mayweather hell and possibly beat him at 135 or 140lbs. Chavez was never a natural 147
                there is no planet where Chavez even has a competitive fight with Floyd.

Comment

Canelo in 5 years beats the Floyd of today

But Canelo cannot beat Floyd now at 23. Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                    there is no planet where Chavez even has a competitive fight with Floyd.
                    You OBVIOUSLY have not seen video of a prime JCC. Go check out some mid-80's JCC fights, his fight against Ruben Castillo for example, and see what you think. Too many people on here seem to think Chavez was in his prime in the mid-90's. Chavez was an absolute beast in his prime who would have given any fighter hell. Not sure if a prime Mayweather would have taken a points victory over Chavez, but that would have without question been his toughest fight ever. As it stands, most people think Jose Luis Castillo was Floyd's toughest fight. A prime Castillo was nothing compared to a prime JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                      Styles make fights. FLoyd beats chavez at any weight.
                      lol, Chavez sparring partner beat Floyd, but Julio himself wouldn't?

Comment

Working...
                      X