No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maskaev: It's Finally Time For Klitschko vs. Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maskaev: It's Finally Time For Klitschko vs. Povetkin

Former WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev, who this past weekend returned to the ring after a three year layoff, says WBA "regular" champ Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs) has to step up and face WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF king Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50)KOs) in the coming months.

The WBA has ordered Klitschko and Povetkin to face each other. They have until January 17th to reach and agreement before a purse bid is scheduled. The fight has to take place by the end of February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully they can come to an agreement before a purse bid, which would delay the fight for a couple of months.

Comment

Povetkin must fight him or be stripped of his paper belt

Povetkin's team milked that regular trinket for all they could. 3 fights with Boswell, huck & Rahman made them millions so now it's cash out time. Wouldn't surprise me if Sasha retires if he loses to wladimir. Sultan ibragimov took his earnings & got into the Russian oil business. Could it be povetkin's last fight?

Comment

its NOW or Beverly , its time to GET IT ON !!!

Comment

I still could see Povetkin dodging the fight TBH. I don't give him any chance of dethroning Wlad.

Comment

It will happen, but not in February, most likely in May.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Povetkin's team milked that regular trinket for all they could. 3 fights with Boswell, huck & Rahman made them millions so now it's cash out time. Wouldn't surprise me if Sasha retires if he loses to wladimir. Sultan ibragimov took his earnings & got into the Russian oil business. Could it be povetkin's last fight?
              Have any source for this?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                If it is, I hope he leaves it all in the ring dragging Wlad into a tear-up.

Comment

Yes it should happen.

Comment

Povetkin has no chance, you need serious sustained firepower to beat Wlad unless you are lucky, his experience and prowess are just too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X