No announcement yet.

Lupe's new single is ****.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe's new single is ****.

I like Lupe's first 2 albums. Kick Push and Fighters are my favorite songs.

But wow this new song Show Goes On has such a bubble gum pop feel to it.

I share your sentiment, but it's good in the respect that he's trying new stuff. Granted, it's probably out of desperation; having not found the amount of commercial success that was expected off his first two albums. Food and Liquor 2 will be as good as the first two albums. Hopefully this is just a brief phase, like when he did that rock song... That all seems forgotten now.

Comment

he is still with japanese cartoon even though he isn't doing much with it. also, his group crs with kanye and pharrell. i still enjoyed this album, it's something new. not his best, but his mainstream vibe is still better than most of whats on the radio.
      he said he did this album just so the public can enjoy it and was long overdue, he personally isn't proud of it. the album still debuted at #1 on the billboard 200, so congrats to him. watch some of his interviews (especially the tavis smiley one)

http://video.pbs.org/video/1836259897/

here's some others...

Comment

do either of you guys know where i can download 'fire' by Lupe by the one that samples Hendrix. Can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay Davis View Post
          do either of you guys know where i can download 'fire' by Lupe by the one that samples Hendrix. Can't find it anywhere.

Dope ass song. Download it here.

My favorite lupe song by far is...

Comment

I liked Lupe's new album alot. Im listening to it right now. Show goes on was dope.

Comment

I actually liked "Show Goes On" but could care less for the rest of the album. I like Lupe but he's letting industry politics mess with him too much...dude needs to go independent and put out what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                I actually liked "Show Goes On" but could care less for the rest of the album. I like Lupe but he's letting industry politics mess with him too much...dude needs to go independent and put out what he wants.
                all black everything? that's best track on there.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  all black everything? that's best track on there.
                  Nah I like "All Black Everything" too...it's just the album as a whole was pretty disappointing.

Comment

I actually think the album is alright. It's his most commercial album, yes. But, I don't worry about who else will like it. I like it and who ever it's aimed at is none of my business.

"The Show Goes On," "Beautiful Lasers," "All Black Everything," "State Run Radio." All good songs, to me. Just a different feel, doesn't mean it's bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X