No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs John Conteh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hearns vs John Conteh

@ 175lb. The Hearns who defeated Virgill Hill vs Prime LHW Conteh.

Who wins & how?

Originally posted by Fantasy Fights! View Post
    @ 175lb. The Hearns who defeated Virgill Hill vs Prime LHW Conteh.

Who wins & how?
    Prime Hearns wipes the floor with him........ but that older version would have gotten owned by Conteh.

Comment

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hearns by late rd. ko.

Comment

Thomas would have his moments, but he's John world, and prime Conteh would clean his clock around the 12th round.

Comment

Conteh is underrated and a real lightheavyweight. Hearns was great at smaller weights, but a bit overrated over 160 lbs. I got Conteh in this one.

Comment

I remembered that name and looked it up on the records site. Saad trained with me before his second bout with John at my gym in Hamden Conn. He sparred with Wimpy Halstead and a local hevey I trained named Kenny Schmidt (big puncher). John was a decent enough fighter but didn't fare well outside his home area. He got beat everytime he ventured away I think. So if he fought Thomas in England and Tommy didn't stop him and he remained standing regardless of "how" he stood I'm sure he'd win. How ever if Thomas found his chin a few times he may not get up. Decent fighter who gave a good effort I remember him winning over a well traveled Yaqui Lopez and I can tell you for sure if Yaqui was in his day they'd never have matched him with Yaqui. That was a very good win regardless for John. I hope he fared well! Ray.
              oh yeah Saad KO'd him quick, great preperation!! HA!
              Last edited by Ray Corso; 08-19-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                I remembered that name and looked it up on the records site. Saad trained with me before his second bout with John at my gym in Hamden Conn. He sparred with Wimpy Halstead and a local hevey I trained named Kenny Schmidt (big puncher). John was a decent enough fighter but didn't fare well outside his home area. He got beat everytime he ventured away I think. So if he fought Thomas in England and Tommy didn't stop him and he remained standing regardless of "how" he stood I'm sure he'd win. How ever if Thomas found his chin a few times he may not get up. Decent fighter who gave a good effort I remember him winning over a well traveled Yaqui Lopez and I can tell you for sure if Yaqui was in his day they'd never have matched him with Yaqui. That was a very good win regardless for John. I hope he fared well! Ray.
                oh yeah Saad KO'd him quick, great preperation!! HA!
                Lopez was 25 when he lost to Conteh, before he ever fought the classic wars with Galindez or Saad Muhammad.

Comment

Working...
                X