No announcement yet.

I need help with gaining a few pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with gaining a few pounds

Well i'm only a 5'8 140 pound shrimp. And I would like a few tips on gaining about 15 pounds. It is hard for me to gain weight because of my over active metabolism. I hear tuna is good for putting on a few pounds. But I hear so many different things. Has anybody been in the same situation as me and actually gotten to their goal of gaining 15 or more pounds? Your tips are GREATLY appreciated. I am looking to put this weight on so that I can grapple with bigger guys and box with bigger guys and not be so over matched. Thanks to any who reply!

Do you weight train at all Pac?

If so how often and how heavy? My first bit of advice would be to lift heavy. Heavy weights = Maximun muscle gain which = weight gain which is what you are after.

Secondly. Try eating 6 - 7 times a day, and eat good. Don't eat ****ty food, will be of little benefit. I suggest a diet of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. A bit of fat in your diet will not kill you, and if you have a high metabolism, it will burn straight off.

Get into food like pasta at lunch time, food high in carbs to ensure that any energy you are burning off is from what you have eaten and not pounds you have worked to put on.

But seriously, assess the way you train, add some lifting if not already and go hard.

Good Luck

Comment

Eat a lot, start drinking beer

Comment

Bzob also raises good points

Comment

Seldom's right on. You need to eat 6 meals a day, high in protein to build muscle, carbs for energy and some fat is necessary. It's just a combination of what you eat and how you work out.

Check out this link, this guy is legit, I've been following the Body for Life program of Bill Phillips for a couple of years and this guy won the contest in it's first year for his body transformation.
          http://www.musclegaintips.com/

Comment

I suggest 400ml Deca DUrabolin and 300ml Sust a week for 8-10 weeks. I 100% guarantee you that you will put on 10-20 lbs.

Comment

Working...
            X