Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price: Could Have Had Chisora, I Wanted Thompson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price: Could Have Had Chisora, I Wanted Thompson!

David Price is happy to take a hit in the wallet and miss out on a lucrative clash with British rival Dereck Chisora after instead securing a rematch with American conqueror Tony Thompson.

The 6ft 8in Liverpudlian heavyweight saw his unbeaten record demolished by 41-year-old Thompson in a shocking second-round stoppage defeat on February 23.

However, he will return to Liverpool's Echo Arena, the scene of the crime that night, to meet Thompson again on July 6.

Promoter Frank Maloney, who collapsed in the wake of the defeat, confirmed all terms have been agreed and he expects the signed contract to be returned in the coming days.

Price, 29, told Press Association Sport: "I'm pleased it's sorted because it's the only fight I want, really.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good on Price for not accepting what was probably a Maloney suggestion in Chisora.

Comment

That plumber from Liverpool is gonna give it to Tony Thompson. Hopefully he fights smart, uses his height and learnt from his last fight

Comment

You've gotta respect that. He lost and wants to rectify it and move on with his career.

Comment

Price is such a likeable guy. I'm looking forward to this rematch and a future clash with Chisora.

Comment

Even if he wins the rematch other boxers now knows he is vulnerable in the chin department.

Comment

Hopefully Thompson dedicates himself to this fight and shows up in good shape. He looked flabby last time. A dedicated, in shape Thompson gives Price problems in their second outing. If Price thinks he can just go in there and steamroll him, he's not wise. He has to change his game plan, and preferably, buy himself a chin from Oliver McCall or Vitali Klitschko.

Comment

Chisora is a nightmare for Price stylistically.

Comment

Price just got chin ****, sad

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Even if he wins the rematch other boxers now knows he is vulnerable in the chin department.
                    What a ****** you are, he wins the rematch all day long that loss had nothing to do with his chin your just being a typical hater.

Comment

Working...
                    X