No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Ponders Bellew Rematch, Unsure on Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly Ponders Bellew Rematch, Unsure on Hopkins

WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly says he would consider a rematch against Tony Bellew. The Welshman outpointed Bellew last October, although one judge scored the fight a draw. Bellew bounced back from that loss to Cleverly, the first of his career, to stop Danny McIntosh last weekend and retain his British title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Of course he wouldn't fight Hopkins because he'd lose. He'll spend his entire career fighting bums in Europe.

Comment

Bellew v Clev II would be a cracking fight. Bellew has learned a lot from the first fight and looked very impressive in taking apart Mcintosh. I always dismissed Bellew as an entertaining brawler but he can certainly box and has power, he showed a good boxing brain and kept his cool in the Clev fight (and the Mcintosh fight) and I think he has Clevs number...

Comment

No way is Hopkins going to fight the unknown Cleverly. No marketability in the U.S and it s doubtful he will go over there.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          No way is Hopkins going to fight the unknown Cleverly. No marketability in the U.S and it s doubtful he will go over there.
          After all Cleverly's words about wanting to face Hopkins and now he's backing down?
          Absolute Blowhard.

Comment

I'm cool with this fight. The winner against Shumenov would be great. Or maybe Grachev, that could be interesting.

Comment

so why not call out dawson? why not fight a ranked opponent from the US and expand marketability?

he won a vacant belt, although its not his fault he didnt get to fight braehmer...however if he wants any recognition beyond the borders of britain he will have to do what his hero (calzaghe) did and fight in the US

Comment

A Hopkins fight won't happen. Cleverly unknown in the US & Hopkins will not travel. After Roy Jones got KO'd in one by Danny Green in AUSTRALIA Hopkins said "Everyone knows what happens when you go over to Europe & that's why I never go over to Europe". Yes, he believes Australia is in Europe....... http://www.boxingscene.com/bernard-h...h-march--23866

Comment

Yeah Clev has to fight his mandatory or a unification thats why the bellew and hop fight are on the backburner.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    so why not call out dawson? why not fight a ranked opponent from the US and expand marketability?
                    I think we all know that he's not ready for Dawson, Hopkins, Campillo. He's still young and rough around the edges, there's no need to throw him to the wolves. But he should step it up a notch. Bellew, Shumenov, Grachev, his mandatory (forgot his name.) That's the level he should be fighting at. Winnable fights, but still dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                    X