No announcement yet.

Brett Lally - R.I.P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Lally - R.I.P

Brett Lally, the former usba jr middleweight champion and all around tough guy died recently. Apparently he was swimming in his pool when he suffered a seizure or minor stroke and drowned.

Brett was tough in the ring. What he may have lacked in skill he more than made up for with pure heart.

One good guy out of the ring with the hugest heart for those that he cared for will be missed.........Rockin'

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Brett Lally, the former usba jr middleweight champion and all around tough guy died recently. Apparently he was swimming in his pool when he suffered a seizure or minor stroke and drowned.

Brett was tough in the ring. What he may have lacked in skill he more than made up for with pure heart.

One good guy out of the ring with the hugest heart for those that he cared for will be missed.........Rockin'

Wow.

That was Iceman John Scully's first loss.

Only 48 too. That's real sad. RIP Brett!

Comment

Sad news,R.I.P

Comment

Rockin' I was going about to do this in the history section myself.

Many people don't remember Brett Lally, other than a few video's floating around of his bouts with Terry Norris and Donald Curry, but Lally was a entertaining tv fighter. Forgotten are his wars and wins over the likes of Tyrone Trice, John Scully(yes our J. Scully) and his upset ko over former champion Robert "Bam Bam" Hines. Sure Lally was no p4p fighter and yes he was in over head against Terry Norris and Curry, but Lally was a worker and a fighter and that attribute in itself is worthy of praise. He was one of those guys we'd watch over and over again. Never reaching the top but still paying his dues along the way.

RIP Irish Bretty Lally.
        Last edited by TBear; 08-30-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Nicely put Rockin and tbear.

May he RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Rockin' I just saw this not 20 minutes before you posted this. He died right here in Dearborn at Oakwood Hospital about a mile from my house.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

RIP

Comment

WOWOWOWO!! I cannot believe this.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago in a tournament. We sat down and had a really good discussion about boxings current state and stuff like that. He will be missed.. rest in peace man.

Comment

Working...
                X