No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Jumping To Matchroom, Parts From Frank Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Jumping To Matchroom, Parts From Frank Warren

BoxingScene can confirm that super middleweight contender George Groves has parted company with Frank Warren and hooked up with Eddie Hearn. Groves had the option of terminating his contract should Warren fail to pay him upfront for a contest and Groves excercised this option after failing to receive an upfront payment for his proposed EBU title fight against Mohamed Ali Ndaye.

[Click Here To Read More]

Warren is done.

Comment

Good for him. Haven't been impressed by his career path since he joined up with Warren. Some of that is down to Groves himself but clearly not all of it.

Won't be long before there's a lawsuit and Warren does his best to hold up Groves career for a long as possible.

Groves shouldn't be rushed but Hearn will probably match him a bit tougher which is for the best imo.

Comment

What goes around comes around. I remember Joe Calzaghe's still owed money by Warren and the likes of Ricky Hatton went to hell just to break free from that guy. There are certain things I like about Warren but you reap what you sow.I'm sure Calzaghe's not very pleased he's still owed such a huge amount of money and some times these things can mess you up in the long run.

Comment

Good move by Groves. I'm sure this is a short term deal as well - they will want to get him some exposure, then run him under Hayemaker promotions. Apparently, Hayemaker are looking to sign up Joshua when he turns pro and Adam booth will train him. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Good move by Groves. I'm sure this is a short term deal as well - they will want to get him some exposure, then run him under Hayemaker promotions. Apparently, Hayemaker are looking to sign up Joshua when he turns pro and Adam booth will train him. Interesting.
            Would be a terrible choice for Joshua to do that. Booth IMO is a rubbish trainer and trades on Hayes ability to punch. All of Booths fighters have terrible defence, footwork and balance. Joshus with his shaky chin (Looks to get stunned pretty often) would need a trainer who can improve his defence and make him set up his attacks of his jab. I'd sign with Matchroom/Golden Boy if I was Joshua and get a decent proven trainer to teach the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
              Would be a terrible choice for Joshua to do that. Booth IMO is a rubbish trainer and trades on Hayes ability to punch. All of Booths fighters have terrible defence, footwork and balance. Joshus with his shaky chin (Looks to get stunned pretty often) would need a trainer who can improve his defence and make him set up his attacks of his jab. I'd sign with Matchroom/Golden Boy if I was Joshua and get a decent proven trainer to teach the basics.
              All of booths fighters have terrible defenses? That's an interesting statement. Haye rarely has a mark on his face after a fight and since Groves has been with Booth his defense has improved immensely. Look at how he performed vs Johnson as an example. Compare that to his performance vs Anderson where he was new with Booth. If Joshua can get McCracken that would be the only better British trainer IMO. Otherwise booth is an excellent choice.

Comment

Hopefully Cleverley and Burns also walk.

Comment

I hope they don't walk, if warren goes down so does boxnation. Without this channel we'll miss out on all the top fights from the US and around the world as Sky rarely televise anything of note. Say what you want about Warren but this ain't good for boxing.

Comment

Booth trained groves long before the Anderson fight, I agree booth is a good defensive coach. Groves has improved with every fight since he was wobbled against k Anderson

Comment

Working...
                    X